Senior WHS Advisor - Taronga Zoo - [Archived Advertisement]
Taronga Conservation Society Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior WHS Advisor - Taronga Zoo!
- Located at Sydney’s Iconic - Taronga Zoo!
- Ongoing, Full Time position
- TCSA Clerk Grade 6/7 Salaried Award, Annual package starting from $112,353 (includes base salary starting from $100,011 + 11% superannuation & leave loading)
Join us in making a difference at Taronga. This is a truly unique and varied role, where you’ll be in Zoo grounds working closely with all teams - the dynamic working environment is different every day!!
Our WHS team is on the search for an experienced and autonomous?Senior WHS Advisor. With strong safety ‘just’ culture at our core, this role has a prevention and early intervention focus using a consultative, risk-based approach.
This is a Monday to Friday role, 8am till 4pm.
We can discuss your ideal work schedule, hybrid work set up and working hours in the interview process.
About the Role…
Supporting Taronga Zoo and Taronga Western Plains Zoo, you'll be collaborating with all stakeholders at the zoo (including our animal keepers, veterinary staff, commercial operations team, education and conservation teams, and trades staff).
As a Senior WHS Advisor, you'll play a pivotal role in implementing robust safety systems and identifying tailored training requirements across various departments. Your ability to adeptly navigate and meet the unique safety needs of each department, coupled with a comprehensive understanding of safety perspectives from different angles, will be instrumental in creating a safe and compliant work environment.
Suited to an individual who not only operates autonomously but demonstrates a proactive approach to achieving strategic objectives within a fluid risk environment. The emphasis is on producing tangible outcomes that drives continuous improvement with the result being a safe environment with a positive safety culture.
- Collaborate with teams to develop and implement agreed safety protocols across diverse organisational functions, tailoring approaches to align with specific departmental risk management needs with effective mitigations and controls.
- Engage in high-level critical thinking and innovative problem solving to manage short, medium and long-term risk and opportunities.
- Deliver evidence-based results to achieve health and safety goals and objectives.
- Complete operational reviews of safety systems, report on findings and provide advice on improvement plans.
- Develop audit templates, lead audits, and write reports for evidence and recommend change through continuous improvement action plans.
- Periodic travel to Dubbo to support the team to deliver an effective work health and safety program.
- Coach and influence supervisors and managers to ensure risk management processes are effectively used.
- Investigate incidents to find root cause and provide technical advice to implement effective risk mitigation strategies to prevent recurrence.
- Support and mentor WHS committee and supervisors.
- Design and conduct local topic specific WHS training (desirable)
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar WHS role is essential, and relevant qualifications highly regarded.
- You are a proactive self-starter, demonstrating meticulous organisation, exceptional risk assessment skills, and proficiency in both computer and time management. As a natural safety leader, you adopt a pragmatic approach to effectively address challenges.
- You have clear communication skills and the ability to develop rapport quickly at all levels to maintain strong working relationships.
- Proven capacity to excel in high-pressure environments with tight deadlines, challenging circumstances, and heavy workloads, consistently maintaining a high level of professionalism and delivering exceptional outcomes.
- Senior First Aid and current valid NSW Drivers License.
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Any other safety tickets or certificates are highly regarded.
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including some of the following:
- Flexible Hybrid work model - Taronga supports a blend of in-office, remote, and on-the-go workers!
- Complimentary family and friends passes across both Taronga’s Sydney & Dubbo Zoo’s
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation across both sites
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the sites
- Discounted Fitness Passport
- + more!
We Value Diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter of one page. You are also required to complete the two target questions as part of your application.
The role requires effective collaboration with cross-functional teams. Describe a situation where you had to work closely with different departments or teams to address a complex safety issue. How did you approach this collaboration, and what strategies did you employ to ensure the successful integration of safety measures across diverse work environments and functions?
Given your extensive experience in workplace health and safety, please share a specific example where you successfully led the development and implementation of a comprehensive safety program. What were the key challenges you faced, and how did you overcome them to achieve measurable improvements in safety performance?
Applications must be completed via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/ using the reference number 0000AC9N or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Recruitment @ email@example.com
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website https://taronga.org.au/work-at-taronga/current-vacancies
If you are experiencing technical difficulties in applying, please contact “I work for NSW” support team on 1800 562 679 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close:?11:59pm Sunday 11 February 2024
- Closing Date:
- 11 Feb 2024
- NSW - Mosman
- Annual package starting from $112,353
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Emergency/Safety Management Systems