- $87K - $95K + Super (pro rata)
- 2 year maximum term position
- Part time position working 19 hours per week
- Job Ref: 17987
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, the Moreland City Council offices are just 8km from the CBD and are easily accessible by public transport or cycling.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced professional to lead a project over the next two years to establish an Environmental Management System (EMS). You will undertake quality assurance activities that support and drive Council's preparedness for introducing an EMS, working across Council to influence, embed and lead this focus on Council's environmental policies and principles. You will establish an approach based on EMS principles to provide structure to Council's environmental management, providing a foundation that we can build upon.
You will have a high level of initiative, the ability to work as part of a team and demonstrated experience in developing and delivering training through the implementation of an Environmental Management System.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Relevant qualification in environmental management or quality assurance with some relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience in a related field.
- Good facilitation and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks and priority setting skills.
- Computer skills with knowledge of IT applications and packages including Microsoft Office.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Jodie Watson on 9240 2387.
Applications close: 10.00pm, 18 August 2019. Interviews will be held on Monday 26 August 2019 at Coburg Civic Centre.
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.