Coles Group Limited
Liquorland Brisbane Requisition ID:
1106 Employment Type:
Good things start here
This could be the very first step towards an exciting new career with us – a fresh beginning. At the Coles Group, these are moments we live for.
Starting good things is what drives our purpose: to sustainably feed all Australians so they can lead healthier, happier lives. With a team of 120,000 people and an iconic portfolio of Australia’s most trusted brands, we’re perfectly positioned to turn a promising start into a whole lot more.
Above all, we value the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and customers. Our Safety team is committed to driving this culture right across the business. Through raising awareness and support, and guiding each other on best practices, we’re building a happier, safer and more energised workplace every day.
About the role
Working closely with the Head of Safety and State Operational Team, you will coach, mentor and guide stakeholders to sustain a proactive safety culture.
What you’ll be doing
On a day-to day basis your focus will be on process and practice that ensures the safety and wellness of our team members and customers across Queensland.
- Implement safety strategies in partnership with State Managers and key stakeholders
- Provide direction, advice and practical support to store area management teams on safety, workers compensation, injury management and wellbeing related matters
- Ensure the identification of emerging risk exposures, develop and monitor risk registers and ensure mitigation of identified risks are put into effect
- Facilitate root cause analysis and incident investigations at a regional level
- Audit systems and the close-out of corrective actions
Good things you’ll need
- A high level of influencing, interpersonal and coaching capability
- A Bachelor degree or diploma in Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) or a related field of study
- Extensive experience in self-insurance and injury management
- Significant experience in a safety advisory capacity as well as experience gained in retail or a related industry, preferably in a self-insurance environment
- Technical knowledge of applicable legislation, and good implementation practices in large organisations
- A proven ability to deliver and sustain safety improvement processes at a site level
- Demonstrated problem solving mindset with a history of driving health, safety and wellness improvements through behavioural change
- Role will require travel and the use of your own reliable vehicle
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.