Ambulance Victoria's mission is to improve the health of our community by delivering innovative, high quality ambulance services. The leading edge clinical practice and lifesaving work of Ambulance Victoria's paramedics and volunteers underpins this mission.
About the role
The primary focus of this role is to execute expert health and welfare advice, plans, and direction relating to complex organisational issues. Reporting to the Director People Services, this role would be suited to a specialist advisor and/or strategy advisor who can direct and undertake work that is complex, high risk and sensitive in nature. This role is full time, ongoing and based in Doncaster.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading and driving the coordination of best practice case management including end-to-end coordination of return to work practices which meet the organisation's needs and focuses on employee health and wellbeing
- Translate and adapt best practice to respond to new and emerging strategic issues which deliver the greatest value to the organisation
- Participate in the strategic planning and design of end to end return to work and case management in a complex environment, including guidance to other specialists in the field
- Actively seek to coach and improve others in performing return to work management responsibilities effectively, including significant welfare issues and leadership development capability
The successful candidate will possess/demonstrable experience in the below:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, WorkCover Management, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or other allied health-related discipline and maintenance of this qualification (Desirable)
- Significant experience leading large-scale change programs in complex organisations including managing complex welfare cases and/or mental health and wellbeing programs
- Experience conducting workplace assessments, providing advice and feedback on treatment, rehabilitation and return to work as well as sound knowledge of ethical protocols, legal considerations in accordance with Acts.
The salary range for this position is $132,076 to $150,945
What's in it for you?
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance, as well as offering salary packaging options and various other benefits. We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities.
How to apply?
For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org by contacting the AV Recruitment Team on 03 9840 3653.
We request that your application for the Lead Mental Health Case Manager / Complex Care Partner position is forwarded by 30 April 2019 by clicking on ‘Apply online'.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- Cover letter
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria (located on the position description)
Ambulance Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The preferred applicant will be required to undergo security checks such as a police record check. By applying for a new position within Ambulance Victoria (AV), you agree to undertake an updated assessment of any Secondary Employment or Outside interests. This is required to ensure there is no perceived or actual conflict of interest for AV should you be successful and commence in the new role.
"Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position"