Safe Work stats released
Safe Work Australia has provided the latest workplace safety stats and data.
Safe Work Australia has published its annual key work health and safety statistics report.
The key findings include:
- 183 people were fatally injured at work in 2019
- machinery operators and drivers had the highest number of fatalities by occupation (72 fatalities) in 2019
- there were a total of 114,435 serious workers’ compensation claims in Australia in 2018-19
- the agriculture, forestry and fishing industry had the highest worker fatality rate in 2019
- body stressing was the leading cause of serious workers’ compensation claims in 2018-19, accounting for 36 per cent of all serious claims
- vehicle collisions accounted for 43 per cent of worker fatalities in 2019
More details are available in the official report.