Ice rink gas leak reported
An alarming series of carbon monoxide exposures have been reported in South Australia.
Issues have emerged at the Adelaide Ice Arena, with 42 individuals suffering effects linked to fumes from a machine used for ice resurfacing.
Reports say authorities and the venue's management have been quick to respond, with emergency services attending to those affected and investigations underway.
Professor Nicola Spurrier, South Australia's chief public health officer, says the exposure has forced the hospitalisation of several people at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Victims include children, teenagers and adults aged up to their early 40s, with several ice hockey players from the Melbourne Ice notably affected during a scheduled match.
The arena's management has installed carbon monoxide alarms and says that the machine in question will undergo additional maintenance checks.
Investigations by SafeWork SA and internal reviews are ongoing.