Work Health and Safety Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Amana Living (View other jobs from this organisation)
Work Health and Safety Manager
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit providers of transition, aged and community care. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
Reporting to the General Manager of People and Culture, the Work Health and Safety Manager is responsible for not only developing and managing best practice safety, health, wellness and injury management systems and strategies for our people, but leading the cultural embedment of these practices into the ‘every day’ at Amana Living.
The Work Health and Safety Manager is a safety expert that will have extensive experience in strategy development, legislative compliance and injury management, as well as an engaging leader, who will lead, coach and drive a high performing team.
As a valued member of the People and Culture Leadership Team, you will work closely with the Amana Living Training Institute, Recruitment and Retention, Human Resources Business Partners and Payroll Teams.
About the Role
Work Health and Safety
- Effectively lead and develop the Work Health and Safety Team
- Develop and implement strategies to create and maintain a pro-active safety culture across Amana Living.
- Review and update Amana Living’s Safety Management System to comply with AS 4801: Occupational Health and Safety Management System and any changes to legislative or aged care standards.
- Conduct detailed investigation and analysis of incidents and hazards to inform corrective actions and tactical and strategic planning.
- Produce reports and presentations for the Leadership Team and Board, providing insights into performance, significant incidents, Lead and Lag indicators, and projects in WHS strategy.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with various stakeholders across the business.
- Review the emergency response systems.
- Review the design and construction of new or renovated properties.
- Oversee all investigations of incidents classified as significant
- Ensure Safety Management System audits are conducted.
- Develop and promote wellness programs (including mental health)
- Oversee the Staff Vaccinations programs including influenza and Covid-19 vaccination.
- Oversee the Pre-Employment Medicals in partnership with the recruitment team.
Injury Management and Staff Health
- Formalise procedures for Management of Workers Compensation Claims, and Staff health programs.
- Oversee the injury management and return to work program for all injured workers.
- Liaise Insurers and implement strategies to reduce the cost of claims.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent leadership skills, with proven ability in leading, coaching and developing a high performing team.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a Safety & Health expert, with injury and claims management knowledge in a complex organisation with a strong safety focus.
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Demonstrable experience implementing a behaviour-based model of safety, including change management and cultural embedment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence executives and operational leaders together with clinical experts that govern the health care provided to our clients.
- Significant understanding of all safety and related legislation and able translate this into best practice strategies.
- The ability to manage competing priorities in a high stress environment.
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify trends and develop solutions.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and experience working in a business partnering model.
You will also need:
A National Police Clearance, or willing to obtain one and a flu vaccination.
What's on offer:
Working for Amana Living not only offers you a fulfilling career, we also offer a range of benefits including competitive salaries with the ability to salary package (Up to $15,900) and discounted private health insurance.
This role is based in our corporate Subiaco offices, however flexible working arrangements are offered, including regular working hours from home.
Applications for this role should include a short covering letter and resume and will close at midnight on Sunday the 11th of April 2021. Shortlisting and interviews will commence immediately.
- Closing Date:
- 11 Apr 2021
- WA - Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Emergency Management Systems