Workplace Health & Safety Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Tasracing (View other jobs from this organisation)
Workplace Health & Safety Officer
Tasracing is the principal racing authority in Tasmania, responsible for providing the strategic direction and funding to the three codes of racing across the state- thoroughbred, harness, and greyhound. In accordance with its legislative obligations, Tasracing is responsible for the development of racing and breeding, the making of rules, the funding of clubs as well as providing stakes, negotiating media rights, and managing racing and training venues.
We are seeking a highly skilled, proactive Workplace Health & Safety Officer to join our team.
About the role:
Reporting to the Project & Facilities Manager, the Workplace Health & Safety Officer is responsible for assisting the Project & Facilities Manager in the areas of Workplace Health & Safety Compliancy and asset management. The Workplace Health & Safety Officer will have a strong knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) legislation and the ability to assist in implementing policies and procedures.
Your Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assist the Project & Facilities team in achieving legislative compliance.
- Assist in the delivery of WHS policies, procedures and documentation.
- Assist in maintaining records and documentation for WHS and essential safety.
- Maintain maintenance records and incident/injury reporting records.
- Provide administration support to the Southern and Northern Operations Managers.
- Assist in organising contractors.
- Assist in maintaining and updating Tasracing’s asset register for all venues.
What we are seeking:
- Experience in Workplace Health & Safety.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain working relationships with all team members.
- Positively promote the value of WHS and compliance in the workplace.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work productively in a team and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and (written and oral) communication skills.
- Ability to show initiative and support workplace safety change.
- An awareness and appreciation for the racing industry.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Certificate IV in Workplace Health & Safety
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role
Tasracing is a people focused organisation, offering flexible working arrangements, collaborative and fun working environment, with continuous professional development. We offer highly competitive salaries and review remuneration regularly to ensure that our pay always reflects performance.
To obtain further information or a copy of the position description please email Belinda Sargent at email@example.com.
To apply for the position of please submit a covering letter outlining your previous experience along with your resume by 9am Monday 18 October 2021 through the Seek website.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Oct 2021
- TAS - Hobart
- Work Type:
- Full Time