Health & Safety Business Partner
Boral Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health & Safety Business Partner
Boral is the largest integrated construction materials supplier in Australia, producing and selling a broad range of construction materials, including aggregates, cement, concrete, asphalt, and recycled materials. Employing more than 9,600 employees and contractors, Boral's operations span across 367 operating and distribution sites nationally. Boral is proudly pursuing a lower carbon future through its products and services, for the generations to come.
About the Opportunity
Boral Australia are actively seeking an experienced Health & Safety Business Partner to join our HSE division. The primary focus of this role is to drive, facilitate and implement outcomes to cement our culture of Zero Harm within a cohesive, supportive team!
Primarily based in Port Melbourne, you will be overseeing our VIC Concrete portfolio. To support the geographic range this position will cover, candidates with flexibility to travel to sites located across Victoria are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, fixed term contract to cover maternity leave for 9 months.
As an integral member of our division, you will have responsibility for a range of high priority duties including:
- Facilitating the delivery of the National HSE Strategy & Product Line Action Plans in relation to WHS
- Facilitating the implementation of the HSEQ Management System & National Programs
- Maintaining oversight of HSE risk registers and facilitating operational risk assessment/SWMS reviews
- Reviewing and validating the management of Contractors in line with the Assurance program.
- Ensure Assurance Audits are completed in line with the Audit and Assurance Program and monitor closeout of WHS actions
- End to end incident management
- Providing coaching, training and support to business leaders
The successful applicant must demonstrate:
- Proven experience in a similar role including strong skills in incident investigations, auditing and implementation of behaviour based programs
- Proven experience with implementing successful organisational change within complex environments
- Strong knowledge of WHS regulations, systems, processes and Information Systems
- Cert IV or Diploma in Work Health & Safety
- Cert IV in Workplace Training & Assessment and HSE Systems Auditing qualifications highly desirable
- Superior interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and communication skills
- Availability to commit to the 9 months, fixed term contract
What's on Offer?
- Competitive Salary Package + Phone + Laptop + Access to Company Vehicle
- Join an ASX listed company with leading global technologies
- Solid mentoring and guidance from experienced, industry leaders and colleagues
- Genuine career growth opportunities within Boral
- Access to a variety of support networks including Boral Employee Assistance Program
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
To apply, click on the Apply button or visit our careers website: http://careers.boral.com.au
- Closing Date:
- 28 Jun 2022
- VIC - Port Melbourne
- Competitive Salary Package + Phone + Laptop
- Work Type:
Emergency/Safety Management Systems