Social Emotional Wellbeing Manager
Gurriny Yealamucka Health Services Aboriginal Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Social Emotional Wellbeing Manager
Gurriny Yealamucka Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (GYHSAC) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service (ACCHS).
Yarrabah community lies to the east of Cairns. It is 60 kilometres from the Cairns CBD and takes 45 minutes to travel by car from the Cairns CBD to the Yarrabah community. Yarrabah is Australia's largest remote co
The Manager reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for all operational, professional and clinical risk aspects of the Social and Emotional Wellbeing team their program activities, client presentations and community engagement. Programs, which come under the responsibility of this role, include Family Pathways to Safety , Men’s Health , Women’s Health, Youth Well Being, Life Promotion and the development and operations of the new Yarrabah Community Youth Hub.
As part of Gurriny’s holistic Model of Care, the Position works in collaboration with other managers, teams, clinicians and health workers to provide an integrated health and wellbeing service for the Yarrabah community
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
In return for your professionalism, cultural competence and commitment to the Gurriny Yealamucka vision, we offer you the opportunity to help close-the-gap in Yarrabah and truly help our first nation’s people living in Australia’s largest Aboriginal community. You will be working with Indigenous and non-Indigenous people who are passionate about our purpose, vision and who are motivated to build a health and wellbeing service that suits the place and our people.
As a valuable member of our trauma informed work place, you will be surrounded by a professional and multi-disciplinary medical and allied health team providing vital mental health and social and emotional well-being to people in Yarrabah.
Dependent on years’ experience and qualifications, salary will range from $75,000.00 or higher. Superannuation, salary packaging arrangements and allowances (if eligible) will also be paid in addition to the base salary .
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Formal tertiary/vocational qualifications in primary health care or mental health and wellbeing or community development which demonstrates knowledge and skills in the management of clients, their wellbeing and health needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and cultures from an historical and contemporary perspective, including the ability to communicate effectively and credibly to ensure their views are incorporated into health and wellbeing planning relevant to the Yarrabah Community.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles of the Aboriginal community controlled health sector, and the concept of comprehensive and integrated health and wellbeing services within a primary health, trauma informed Model of Care.
- Demonstrated experience in the clinical management of wellbeing programs and activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in community engagement within an Aboriginal community.
- Excellent skills and experience in the planning and management of programs and activities.
- Previous line management experience including the human resource and team building aspects of management.
- Project Management experience is highly desirable
- Personally, demonstrates through consistent behaviours understanding of, respect for and compliance with the principles of Aboriginal community control.
- Connection with the Yarrabah community is highly desirable
- The capacity to travel daily to Yarrabah. Carpooling is an option. You will be required to be eligible to hold and maintain a current Working with Children Blue Card, and the ability to obtain a positive police / security Clearance
THE COMMITMENT FROM THE ORGANISATION
An attractive remuneration package is available; this includes four weeks' annual leave, RDO every month, additional community based Public Holidays, option of a generous salary sacrifice due to PBI status.
There are also opportunities for professional development.
Gurriny Yealamucka Aboriginal Health Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People with the mandatory qualifications are particularly encouraged to apply.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 23 Nov 2019 .
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
- Closing Date:
- 23 Nov 2019
- QLD - Yarrabah
- Starting from $75,000 + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health and Wellbeing