Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Closing Date: 27th of May 2020
Love what you do. Love where you work.
Be part of a vibrant, inclusive, friendly organisation that genuinely cares for its staff. Helping Hand is a not-for-profit organisation offering in-home help, retirement living and residential care to over 7,000 older South Australians in Adelaide and regional South Australia. Our staff do more than simply treat the physical needs of the people they care for. They are skilled, patient, respectful and kind, forming relationships with their clients, assuring them, caring for them, and protecting them.
Where you will be working
You will be based at our Corporate office in Tranmere
Talk to us about what we can do to support your decision to apply.
The Return to Work & Safety Consultant is responsible for facilitating the ongoing implementation, evaluation and improvement of Helping Hand injury management program across Helping Hand in a self-insured environment.
The position supports the Safety Manager in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Helping Hand Safety Management System
The Return to Work Consultant is the nominated Return to Work Coordinator for Helping Hand. This role reports to the Safety Manager and is part of the Strategy and Partnerships team.
Your skills and experience
- Registered as a Return to Work Coordinator with ReturntoWork SA or willingness to register.
- Extensive experience facilitating the return to work for injured employees.
- Knowledge and experience working under the Return to Work legislation within South Australia.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills including writing return to work plans and injury management procedures.
- Experience in communicating with treating medical practitioners to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to proactively problem solve.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office suite and safety/injury management systems.
- Strong commitment to and skills in customer service and continuous improvement.
What you can expect professionally
A highly competitive salary package, career development, team support, and ongoing staff mentoring and support from the top down.
What you can expect personally
A values-based organisation that reflects those values in our decision making, service models and accountability throughout the organisation. You will experience support to grow and develop, access to specialised clinical experts and other corporate expertise and well-established organisation frameworks. An open and relaxed environment where you feel safe, appreciated, and encouraged to speak up and be heard.
If you’re an experienced Return to Work Coordinator and think Helping Hand is where you want to be, then we want to meet you.
Confidential enquiries can be directed to Michelle Sommerville, Safety Manager on 08 8366 5405
Applications close onthe 27th of May 2020.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and hold a current national police check or be willing to obtain one. All current Helping Hand employees must notify their manager of their intent to apply.