Health, Safety and Compliance Manager
Border Express (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health, Safety and Compliance Manager - Sydney
Border Express is a progressive family-owned Transport and Logistics company delivering express freight and 3PL services Australia-wide. When you join the Border Express team, you are joining a group of passionate solution focussed professionals who take pride in being recognised by their customers as industry leaders in service, delivery and value.
The purpose of the role is to proactively lead the strategic delivery of health, safety, compliance and wellbeing at our New South Wales based sites in order to reduce reportable incidents, injuries and make positive sustainable change.
The HSC Manager plays a critical role in driving, managing, mentoring and coaching the activities and outcomes of their stakeholders; delivering safety leadership across their nominated site(s), to ensure Border Express is aligned to ‘best practice’ safety performance for all employees and customers.
Critical to this position is the ability to lead all stakeholders, be actively visible in operations, foster relationships through felt leadership, lead safety by example and provide innovation to support the HSC function to ensure ‘We will BE Safe to ensure everyone returns home safely to their families’.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide NSW HSC leadership to the national safety team, State GM, site operational managers, and all employees.
- Promote and drive the culture of ‘BE Safe’ across the NSW network, whilst supporting operations.
- Provide leadership, coaching, a point of contact, and support for all HSC matters to all levels of the NSW operation with regards to notifiable incidents and any resultant injuries.
- Participate with all internal and external audit programs where required.
- Ensure continuous safety improvements ongoing.
- Drive the implementation of national HSC strategies and initiatives.
- Ensure compliance policies, procedures and work instructions comply with legislative requirements and aim to achieve best practice within the industry.
- Drive site risk management, risk assessments, work instructions and relevant training programs.
- Collaborate with Injury Management and Wellbeing in the co-ordination of all activities associated with the preventative safety function and BEx’ Self Insurance Licence.
Ideally your experience and qualifications will include:
- Exposure to/experience in a transport or logistics environment
- Well-developed mentoring and coaching abilities
- Ability to influence and work in team environments
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office products
- Organised, professional attitude and attire and well presented as a BEx representative
- Display and encourage empathy and leadership qualities
- Diploma of WHS/OHS from an accredited Australian tertiary institution.
- Incident investigation training (either internal or external).
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (an advantage)
- Some form of auditing training.
One of our core assets is our People, with personal development activities, training and a number of employee wellbeing programs in place we are committed to developing high quality teams which provide a premium service to our customers.
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health and Wellbeing