Calibre Group is a diversified Professional Services, Construction and Maintenance company, which includes Calibre, Diona Civil Engineering Contractors, and G&S Engineering Services. With clients in Australia and New Zealand, we passionately provide innovative solutions to the construction, infrastructure and maintenance industries by working collabortively and honestly with people and clients from diverse backgrounds. With numerous industry awards for design, innovation, safety and social responsibility, we are dedicated to creating positive change through the way we do things.
We are looking for an Workplace Health and Safety Advisor who is passionate about all aspects of WHS, is self-motivated and driven to succeed. You will provide advice and support in the management and delivery of effective workplace health and safety assurance across the business. This is a unique opportunity to influence change to WHS culture across major land development and infrastructure projects. While this role will be operational in nature and requires the successful candidate to have a 'hands on' approach there is an opportunity for the right candidate to develop into the role. You will conduct inspections of our client work sites and have a demonstrated ability to audit, investigate and identify risks and provide client focused solutions on safety management.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety (Cert IV minimum)
- JAS/ANZ WHS Audit Certification (required) or strong internal / external auditing experience to be able to gain certification quickly
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety best practice including familiarity with the requirements of AS ISO 4801 and AS ISO 9001
- Strong experience in WHS Management Systems (OHSMS Certification)
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills.
- Highly developed written communication skills
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with people at all levels to promote a positive HSEQ culture.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Lonely Planet has recently named Canberra as the Top 3 destination. Want shorter travelling times to work? Great schools for kids of all ages? Easy access to the mountains for skiing in winter and to the coast surfing in summer? If you are looking for a more balanced lifestyle, then Canberra may be right for you. The Canberra Culture is unequivocally unique. To find out the secret to the Canberra culture, join the team to experience for yourself.
As our most valuable asset, we invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. We provide a range of benefits, including ongoing professional development, on the job training, study support, leadership and management programs, competitive remuneration packages, generous employee referral incentives and a host of health and wellbeing benefits to help you thrive in our team.
To join the Calibre team APPLY NOW or contact Sebastian Robison
on 07 3895 3444 for further information.