Our client is seeking to engage WHS Advisor for two immediate contract roles. These roles will sit within the Safety & Wellbeing within this Government Statutory Authority.
This role will be provide direct consultation to assist in developing and delivering risk mitigation solutions within a high risk environment and highly competent in in conducting with inspections, audits, health & safety systems development, incident investigation, and data management
To be considered for this role the you will have significant experience managing health and safety in a High Risk industry sector such as construction, mining, oil & gas, aviation or similar, within a large, complex organisation.
Key deliverables will include:
- Perform assurance activities such as inspections, audits, and reviews of critical and key risks, and coach and mentor operational staff and contractors to minimise safety and wellbeing risks
- Partner with our business and contractors to ensure evidence based risk solutions are targeted to the right places. This includes the analysis of safety related data to inform risk solutions that will continually improve performance, and achieve business objectives;
- Commence developing a contractor management framework, an incident management process, an audit and assurance process, and the detail for tools and documentation which demonstrate legal compliance and support VicRoads staff and contractors to adequately assess and manage ris
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Strong understanding of high-risk activities and contractor management to ensure the appropriate identification, management, and minimisation of relevant safety risks;
- Strong analytical and project management skills that can be applied in the context of high risk construction activities, and allied and mental health support;
- A customer focus to ensure that occupational health & safety standards, programs and solutions are developed and delivered in line with key stakeholder expectations;
- Highly developed relationship management expertise to form credible and effective relationships and networks with internal and external key stakeholders that result in improved outcomes;
- Significant experience in driving cultural and behavioural change in a complex organisation;
- Ability to interpret and apply the provisions of health and safety legislation and guidance, including how this applies to contractors;
- A current and valid driver’s licence;
- Ability and willingness to travel and work across locations within metropolitan and regional Victoria.
If you are interested in applying for this role and feel that you have the required skills and experience p (lease, click 'apply now' to forward a current date copy of your CV in a plain word format. ONLY CV submitted in plain Word format will be accepted)