HSE Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Excellent opportunity for an entry-level Health and Safety professional
- Challenge the status quo to influence improvement
- Gain experience in an environment with strong leadership and mentoring!
CSIRO are eager to partner with a health and safety professional for an advisor role based in Perth. This is an indefinite role supporting the WA CSIRO sites, with a predominant presence at our Floreat site. The role provides an excellent opportunity for an entry level HSE professional to develop skills and enhance their HSE experience by supporting multiple businesses, gaining experience in an environment with strong leadership and mentoring to support the position.
The Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team partners with all levels of the organisation coaching and influencing to make HSE personal. They provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and HSE culture. This role reports to the HSE Manager, and is responsible for delivering HSE services by providing HSE and administrative support and being involved in developing and delivering strategic HSE programs to enhance CSIRO’s HSE and wellbeing culture.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE plan through the delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives, with a focus on organisational consistency across CSIRO sites.
- Contributing to HSE projects and positively challenging the status quo to influence continual HSE improvement across the organisation.
- Providing administrative support to the HSE function as required.
- Maintaining strong relationships with site work groups, understanding their unique HSE needs and providing feedback to the HSE function to guide management decisions.
- Contributing to a cohesive, collaborative and innovative HSE team.
- Being flexible and agile to contribute to multiple teams, managing multiple priorities, and supporting various business and site needs.
- Communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Providing HSE support to businesses through knowledge sharing across relevant organisational teams, utilising best practice and communities of practice to enhance the overall HSE performance.
- Actively supporting the HSE culture change program and leading by example, acknowledging and promoting key desired behaviours to enable the growth of a high performing, positive and proactive HSE culture across the business.
Location: Perth, WA
Salary: AU$66k - AU$84k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Experience working within a related discipline such as Science, Health, Safety & Environment or risk management.
- Completion of, or working towards a relevant tertiary qualification in a related discipline such as Science, Health, Safety and Environment, or risk management is considered essential.
- Ability to understand stakeholder priorities and contribution in the design, delivery, and implementation of strategies to improve HSE.
- Willingness to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with all HSE teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret legislation and regulatory standards to proactively identify problems and appropriately respond to issue and exposure to HSE hazard management
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
18 May 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 18 May 2022
- WA - Perth
- AU$66k - AU$84k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety and Environment