Health Safety and Environment Manager, Manufacturing - [Archived Advertisement]
Health Safety and Environment Manager, Manufacturing
- Are you an experienced HSE Manager looking for your next opportunity?
- Provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
An exciting opportunity for an experienced HSE Manager to join CSIRO, providing future-focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs across our Manufacturing business unit.
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit brings together multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities using world-class infrastructure to partner with industry in order to develop innovative products and processes to allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable.
The HSE Manager reports to the HSE Executive Business Partner and will be responsible for proactively partnering with, coaching, and positively influencing CSIRO’s operational line management and HSE advisors and delivering HSE goals to broader organisational goals.
The HSE Manager will provide tailored support and coordinate the consistent delivery of improving HSE outcomes and metrics, HSE activities, and initiatives for the business unit and the wider organisation. Your key impact will be to improve CSIRO’s HSE and wellbeing culture.
Your duties will include:
- Driving, strengthening, and supporting the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE plan whilst helping to improve the HSE performance of the organisation through technical leadership, influence, and strong communication.
- Guiding, supporting and empowering HSE Advisors to develop solutions to complex and challenging HSE issues in partnership with relevant workgroups.
- Driving the consistent delivery of CSIRO’s HSE activities across businesses and multiple operational sites to cultivate a consistent and organisational approach to HSE.
- Leading and implementing HSE projects to enable strategic outcomes and improvement.
- Coaching to enable the growth and development of BU Directors, Site Leaders, staff, and HSE team members in utilising best practice and leveraging capability and communities of practice to improve HSE Performance.
- Leveraging and harnessing proactive partnering relationships with key site leaders and people, HSE Executive Business Partners, and external stakeholders through being a trusted advisor, listening, discussing, and providing clear advice towards set goals.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant health, safety, environment related degree or risk management along with at least 5-10 years demonstrated experience in leading HSE management within large or complex organisations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, codes of practice, and standards along with experience in influencing and effecting impactful HSE changes in team culture in alignment with the strategic direction of the organisation.
- A significant record of innovation and creativity in HSE, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate and/or promote the inclusion of novel ideas and approaches into the organisation.
- Collaborative leadership skills and the ability to & lead remotely – utilising collective leadership skills to create connection across all teams within the HSE function and with other stakeholder teams.
- A track record in enabling positive organisational change, by adapting strategies, goals, and priorities, and driving culture change in health and safety. Demonstrated ability to embrace ambiguity and positively persist towards an end goal.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboratively sharing and utilising team resources to provide a seamless and organisational approach to the delivery of the HSE strategy.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
30 January 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 30 Jan 2022
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety and Environment