• Lead HSE radiation safety projects to enable strategic outcomes and improvement
• Guide, support and empower HSE Managers, HSE Advisors and Radiation Safety Officers
• Maintain positive relationships with key government and regulatory authorities
The CSIRO Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team successfully partners with staff across all levels of the organisation; coaching and influencing to make safety personal. They provide future-focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and safety culture.
As the HSE Radiation Safety Specialist, you will actively partner, coach and positively influence the HSE function and the wider organisation on radiation safety management, as well as aligning HSE goals to the broader organisational goals. You will provide specialist support to CSIRO in the area of radiation safety and nuclear security and hold the position of Chief Radiation Safety Officer for CSIRO. In this capacity you will represent CSIRO to ARPANSA and ASNO as the two key regulatory agencies and have responsibility for providing assurance to the Licence Holder with respect to the state of compliance across the organisation.
Specifically you will:
• Drive and support the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategy.
• Lead and implement HSE radiation safety projects to enable strategic outcomes and improvement.
• Build and maintain strong, proactive relationships with key clients and partners.
• Lead successful teams and influence positive HSE outcomes.
• Contribute to a collaborative and innovative leadership team, ensuring seamless connections between all areas of HSE.
• Coach and facilitate the growth and development of HSE teams and Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) network teams.
• Promote a culture of continuous HSE improvement across the organisation in relation to radiation and nuclear material management.
Location: Negotiable – capital cities within Australia
Salary: AU$111k to AU$130k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job ref: 58172
As a minimum requirement, you will hold relevant tertiary qualifications and/or have significant experience (~5+ years) in radiation safety management within large or complex organisations. You will also have:
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and a history of professional behaviours.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, codes of practice and standards.
• Collaborative leadership skills.
• A history of building and leading high performing teams.
• The ability to work closely with other HSE teams to leverage skills and efficiencies.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Monday 1 October, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.