- Key HSE Business Partner leadership role
- Develop, lead & implement HSE strategic projects
- Join the CSIRO and build and maintain strong, partnering relationships
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) partners with all levels of the organisation coaching and influencing to make safety personal. They provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and safety culture.
CSIRO Health Safety and Environment are seeking a HSE Executive Manager to partner with, coach and positively influence CSIRO’s senior leaders. The HSE Executive Manager will provide tailored HSE support and contribute to the development and delivery of leading edge strategic HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s safety and wellbeing culture.
Your duties will include:
- Drive the development and implementation, of CSIRO’s HSE strategy to deliver a step change improvement in the organisations HSE performance through a leading edge, consistent HSE approach while embracing CSIRO’s unique needs.
- Develop, lead and implement HSE strategic projects to enable outcomes and facilitate change across the organisation.
- Build and maintain strong and partnering relationships with Business Unit Executive teams, customers and stakeholders through developing a deep understanding of their respective needs to enable the development and delivery of HSE priorities and initiatives, with a focus on consistent practices embedded across the organisation.
- Support and empower HSE Managers to develop solutions to complex and challenging HSE issues in partnership with relevant Business Unit Leaders, Regional leadership, and other HSE team members.
- Build, motivate and lead successful teams working across multiple sites with ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships and influence positive, consistent HSE outcomes
Location: Negotiable – Sydney Canberra or Melbourne
Salary: $131K to AU $145K plus up to 15.4% super
Ref no: 57781
To be considered you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in leadership and management within large or complex organisations.
- An understanding of the HSE legislative framework and the responsibilities of organisations and leaders.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills – utilising collective leadership skills to create connection across all teams within the HSE function and across the broader organisation to provide seamless, organisational approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills, incorporating excellent communication (written and verbal), complex influencing and persuasiveness strategies.
- A proven track record of building, motivating and supporting high performance teams.
- Demonstrated energetic leadership, partnering with CSIRO leadership, to improve performance, drive and deliver challenging goals through managers, teams and others resulting in strategic change.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 22 July 2018 (10:59pm AEST)