- Ready for the next challenge?
- Lead internal and external projects for the CSIRO’s Food Innovation Centre
- Join CSIRO’s world-class scientists and engineers and make a difference to research for the Australia Food industry
As a Senior Food Technologist with CSIRO you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively within a team, business unit and across CSIRO. You will adapt and/or develop experimental methods, equipment, software, concepts and ideas in support of existing and further research.
Specifically you will:
- Investigate and develop strategies which underpin the development and provision of safe and novel foods, ingredients and beverages.
- Partner with CSIRO Business Development to identify business development opportunities and build the funding portfolio for the Food Innovation Centre.
- Lead internal and external projects for the CSIRO’s Food Innovation Centre.
- Prepare proposals for clients that reflect achievable outcomes and deliverables.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, to carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant fact based evidence to allow effective decision making.
Location: Werribee Vic
Salary: $95k to $103k plus up to 15.4% super
Term: 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent experience in Food, Technology/Science, Food Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- Project management experience, with a track record in delivering projects on time in full.
- Experience in the food industry within manufacturing and or research and development.
- Previous exposure in developing new business opportunities.
- Experience working effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Ability and willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches to the support of scientific investigations.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
Food Science for healthier, safer and more sustainable food. Our expertise in food science helps the Australian food industry compete in domestic and global markets and make food products for Australian consumers that are safe, sustainable and taste great. Find out more
To apply: Please read the Position Descripton and apply online. Please load one PDF document (maximum 2 MB) containing your CV/Resume and cover letter.
Closing date: June 25th