Workplace Health and Safety Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Brisbane Markets Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Workplace Health and Safety Advisor
About Brisbane Markets Limited (BML)
BML is the owner of the Brisbane Markets® and is responsible for the ongoing management and maintenance of the 78-hectare site as well as the safety of our tenants, their employees, visitors, buyers, service providers and other market stakeholders. Brisbane Markets® is Queensland’s most important distribution and economic hub for the trade of fresh produce and flowers, with approximately 700 million kilograms of produce through its gates annually worth approximately $2 billion.
About the role
As the warehousing and distribution of fresh fruit and vegetables is an essential service, safety is a high priority at the Brisbane Markets® and as such, BML is seeking an experienced WHS Advisor to maintain its impressive safety record.
The successful candidate will be able to combine their in-depth safety knowledge and training abilities to ensure our high standards are upheld, as well as being able to recognise the need for change and have the ability to successfully implement new initiatives.
The core responsibilities of the WHS Advisor are:
Promoting and Reinforcing Best Practice
- Develop, implement and review safety policies and procedures
- Investigate ways to build on the existing safety culture.
- Provide expert advice to management and BML stakeholders.
- Actively reinforce and promote best practices.
- Engage with tenants through safety initiatives, workshops and events
- Collect and analyse data and subsequently provide detailed reports to ensure compliance with legislation and company policies.
Managing Service Provider Safety Compliance
- Review service providers’ site access applications.
- Ensure inductions have been completed and the service provider database is maintained.
- Conduct formal and informal internal audits of externally engaged service providers.
Incident Investigation and Reporting
- Promote the prompt reporting of incidents and hazards.
- Oversee the investigation of all incidents raised by the Operations Team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the Operations Team to improve knowledge.
Skills, Experience and Characteristics
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate that you have the following essential skills, experience and characteristics:
- Outstanding knowledge of WHS and environmental legislation and demonstrated experience in interpreting same
- Qualifications in safety or related disciplines
- Experienced in facilitating workshops and training
- Excellent report writing skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and database competencies.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with market stakeholders,
- Excellent attention to detail, and
- Pride in noticeably improving safety culture.
What we offer
BML is an employer of choice providing
- access to discounted 24-hour gym membership,
- discounted fuel,
- free undercover parking.
- corporate uniforms,
- preferred banking benefits and
- staff celebration events and staff recognition programs.
If you are interested in this role and feel like you are ready to take a step up in your career in a supportive environment, then apply now. Submit a detailed resume outlining your work history and relevant experience by simply pressing ‘Apply’ below
- QLD - Brisbane
- $100,000 + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time