There's no other island quite like Daydream on Australia's Great Barrier Reef. It’s an exciting time to join the team. The resort is now open and this is a fantastic opportunity to join as a key member of the human resources team. You’ll be joining a progressive company with the resort now open with 277 freshly refurbished rooms, 3 new restaurants and bars and Daydream Island’s iconic living reef attraction promising to be bigger and even more impressive than ever! The island is one of the closest Whitsunday islands to the mainland (Airlie Beach) with a short ferry commute taking in the sea views.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources, the WHS Coordinator will ensure safety compliance in all aspects of the resort operations.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure health, safety and welfare of all staff is provided for through the implementation of integrated workplace health and safety programs
- Develop action plans to manage compliance issues
- Conduct risk assessments and regular internal WHS department audits
- Review WHS policies and procedures
- Develop and review safe work procedures
- Ensure all staff are appropriate qualified and trained to operate plant and equipment
- Manage the WHS committee to ensure departments risk assessments are completed accurately and on time.
- Give guidance to the effective training and development of the WHS Committee
- Ensure all departments maintain an up to date risk register
- Ensure all staff are aware of emergency procedures in the event of an emergency in line with resort policy and legislation
- Responsible for the management of workplace accident reporting and maintaining the incident register
- Develop and review safety management systems and resort emergency management plans
- Preparation of weekly reports
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety (advantageous)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (advantageous)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Projects a professional image and initiates contact easily with all staff and guests
- Team player
- Shows initiative
- WHS experience
Why come and join us?
- Work in a great team environment in the beautiful Whitsundays
- An opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a progressive company
- Generous ferry transfer discount
This position is a full-time, live off island role requiring the successful applicant to obtain residence in the local area. Enjoy a short 30 minute commute from the mainland to your office at beautiful Daydream Island. We would like to have the successful candidate on board immediately.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you are part of an exciting resort refurbishment and you have the experience and skills we are looking for, APPLY now with your current Resume and Cover letter outlining your suitability addressing the key criteria.
We thank all applicants for their time in applying however, please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Visit www.daydreamisland.com/careers to view current job vacancies
Daydream Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring diversity in the workplace. We actively encourage applicants from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage. All applicants are considered based upon their skills and experience with no regard to gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or race.