Chandler Macleod are now taking applications for a WHS Coordinator to work at our large client site at Mount Kuring-Gai. Our client is a leading producer of quality poultry products nationally and are seeking a professional individual who is passionate about Workplace Health and Safety.
Reporting to the National WHS Coordinator, you will be responsible for building strong relationships with stakeholders on site to promote compliance with relevant Legislation, Regulations, Codes of Practice, International Standards, Australian Standards, Policies and Procedures relating to our client's Workplace Health and Safety Management System.
About the role
This position comes with a lot of responsibility. As the WHS Coordinator, you would be expected to:
- Develop, implement and review a best practice Safety Management System
- Develop, coordinate and implement preventative WHS strategies, policies and procedures
- Provide continuing guidance and monitoring of Contractor Health and Safety across the site
- Monitoring and Scheduling of WHS reviews and meetings
- Provide direction, leadership and advice to the WHS committee
- Promote continuous improvement through internal and external auditing
Skills and experience
To be successful in gaining this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (Minimum Cert IV) in WHS
- Demonstrated experience within a similar WHS focused position
- Knowledge of Australian Standards AS4801 or ISO 45001
- Have a reliable vehicle and drivers licence
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be available to work full-time hours
To be considered for this opportunity please click Apply Now and/or contact Sharni Campbell on 0249787740
for a confidential discussion.