WHS Advisor - Australian Public Sector
The People Strategy and Operations Division provides strategic advice on employee development matters. Its primary goal is to partner with and support business areas to achieve their most important goals. The division provides a strategic and integrated approach to delivering key human resources (HR) services in a range of fields including workforce strategy and policy, workforce capability, organisational culture and people analytics.
Work with senior leaders and a team of diverse safety professionals to develop and promote effective safe design and drive safety performance. The role will collaborate with the Work Health Safety Governance and Strategy and Safe Service Design Teams.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and application of the relevant legislation and case law, and experience managing health, safety and wellbeing programs and projects. Effective engagement with internal and external stakeholders is a critical capability.
Key skills / knowledge to undertake the role:
- Managing health and safety related projects.
- Collaboration with team members and colleagues across a large diverse organisation.
- Engagement with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Analysing data and preparing executive papers and reports.
- Providing leadership in the field of work health, safety and wellbeing.
- The role requires frequent computer use, data analysis, high level communication skills, ongoing professional development and occasional travel.
- Knowledge and practical application of work health and safety legislation, standards and national guidance materials.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, including experience preparing a range of written communications and documents.
- Demonstrated experience in reporting and analysis of work health and safety performance data.
- Experience providing specialist strategic advice on work, health, safety and wellbeing to business that is evidence informed.
- It would be desirable for the successful candidate/s to hold relevant graduate or post-graduate qualifications in the field of work health and safety, combined with relevant experience.
You MUST be an Australian Citizen with eligibility to clear a National Police Check to be eligible for this role
If you pass the initial screening process for this role you will be required to complete a written eligibility criteria response