MSS Security is Australia's largest security company with over 7,000 professionals across Australia; and a national infrastructure including offices in the capital cities of all states and territories.
Reporting to the General Manager, this is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in building the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) capability of our VIC/TAS team.
The role includes management and implementation of safety systems, and cultivating a safety-focused culture within the business. The role also requires the person to assist in maintaining certification of ISO 9001-2008.
As the HSE Advisor your primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in management and implementation of safety systems and cultivating a safety-focused culture at the state level;
- Building the capability of our team to reduce workplace injuries through the:
- Delivery of training and development programs at the state level;
- Delivery of site specific training designed to meet the individual needs of each site; and
- Regular monitoring and updating of Site Operating Procedures.
- Working with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Quality Assurance (QA) policies and procedures;
- The administration and co-ordination of our safety and quality systems; and
- Management of injured workers and return to work cases.
To be considered for the role you will require the following professional competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and maintaining HSE systems;
- Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety or relevant qualifications (preferred);
- Demonstrated knowledge of and with the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Legislation and an awareness of the Workers' Compensation Legislation in both NSW and ACT; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of AS4801 and awareness of ISO9001-2008.
You will also need to possess the following personal attributes:
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to effectively influence and motivate others to achieve outcomes;
- Sound time management and prioritising skills; and
- Quick to act with a superior attention to detail, risks and outcomes.
If you believe you have the skills, experience and qualifications to successfully perform in the role and have an interest in working in the security industry we would like to hear from you.
Please follow the Apply Now link and submit your resume and covering letter (please upload as a single document).