Coles Liquor Sydney
Requisition ID: 37597
Employment Type: Full time
Good things start here
This could be the very first step towards an exciting new career with us – a fresh beginning. At the Coles Group, these are moments we live for.
Starting good things is what drives our purpose: to sustainably feed all Australians so they can lead healthier, happier lives. With a team of 120,000 people and an iconic portfolio of Australia’s most trusted brands, we’re perfectly positioned to turn a promising start into a whole lot more.
With three iconic brands (First Choice, Liquorland and Vintage Cellars) to our name, our Liquor team is well on its way to becoming Australia’s favourite drinks retailer, serving up everything from premium wines and craft beers, to spirits from local distilleries. We’re passionate about understanding what our customers enjoy, and have people working across supply chain, marketing, finance and strategy to make this happen.
About the role
Working closely with the Head of Safety and State Operational Team, you will coach, mentor and guide stakeholders to sustain a proactive safety culture.
What you’ll be doing
You'll work collaboratively, supporting the broader delivery of the health, safety and wellbeing strategy across the liquor team. On a day-to day basis your focus will be on process and practice that ensures the safety and wellness of our team members and customers across NSW.
- Implement safety strategies in partnership with State Managers and key stakeholders
- Provide direction, advice and practical support to store area management teams on safety, workers compensation, injury management and wellbeing related matters
- Ensure the identification of emerging risk exposures, develop and monitor risk registers and ensure mitigation of identified risks are put into effect
- Facilitate root cause analysis and incident investigations at a regional level
- Audit systems and the close-out of corrective actions
Good things you’ll need
- A high level of influencing, interpersonal and coaching capability
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) or a related field of study
- Experience in self-insurance (desirable) and injury management
- Significant experience in a safety advisory capacity as well as experience gained in retail or a related industry, preferably in a self-insurance environment
- Technical knowledge of applicable legislation, and good implementation practices in large organisations
- A proven ability to deliver and sustain safety improvement processes at a site level
- Demonstrated problem solving mindset with a history of driving health, safety and wellness improvements through behavioural change
- Role will require travel and hence you will need access to your own reliable vehicle
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
Coles Group is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK180: Coles Group – Work180 Endorsed Employer
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.