Occupational Health, Safety & Environment Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Occupational Health, Safety & Environment Advisor
- Salary - $100k - $107k + Super
- Monthly RDO
- Permanent ongoing role
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Occupational Health, Safety and Environment Advisor to join our People & Safety team. This is a specialist role that will be an integral part of the Safety and Wellbeing Team and work in partnership with the organisation to guide and support the continuous improvement of Occupational Health and Safety systems and processes at Moreland City Council. The role will also support the ongoing implementation of improvements to the environmental systems that are in place and support the Environmental Quality Assurance Officer with various tasks.
Reporting to the Coordinator Safety and Wellbeing, the successful candidate will have responsibilities in the following areas;
- Support and facilitate the organisations Strategic Safety Plan
- Maintain and further develop the ongoing implementation of Moreland’s safety management system – MoreSafe
- Provide expert OHS advice and legislative interpretation to a broad range of both internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate in house training sessions on new policies and procedures as well as Safety Essentials Training for Managers and Supervisors
- Support the organisations Emergency Management Obligations
- Support and facilitate the development and continuous improvement of the Environmental Management System
- Provide expert advice on Environmental issues and issue resolution including interpretation of the relevant Environmental Legislation
- Support the use of an effective incident reporting and hazard reporting system and investigation process
- Provide practical, credible and timely advice to business units and managers on how to effectively implement sound OHS practices and programs and to assist in resolution of day to day OHS issues
- Build & maintain effective relationships by working within the Business Partnering Model and portfolio allocation set by the Coordinator Safety and Wellbeing
- Support the Supervisors/ Managers to undertake incident investigations, report on breaches/ potential breaches of legislative requirements, and make recommendations on corrective actions and/ or preventive as required.
- Conduct and review risk assessments and safety audits for Council operations on a regular and ongoing basis and recommend preventative action and or system improvements.
- Support the integration of Environmental improvements into the daily activities of Manager and Supervisors
RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- An appropriate Occupational Health and Safety tertiary qualification
- Substantial understanding of legislation, regulations, frameworks, policies and practices associated with Occupational Health and Safety and Environment
- Extensive and diverse experience in an OHS role or suitable experience within a similar and diverse organisational setting.
- Experience in Environmental Management and supporting the investigation and resolution of environmental issues
- Experience in developing organisational policies and procedure frameworks
- Highly developed project management and administration skills
- High level interpersonal skills including the ability to influence and adapt to the audience
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance - Flexible Workplace
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- free gym classes and social club
- Monthly RDO
For further information please contact Anna Furlong on 0434 605 809.
Applications close: 5:00pm, 25 January 2022. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 23 Jan 2022
- VIC - Coburg
- $100k - $107k + Super + monthly RDO
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Health and Safety
Health, Safety and Environment