The Income Protection Officer supports service delivery by undertaking the assessment and processing of income protection claims for injured officers. Key accountabilities
- Provide advice, guidance and support to officers eligible for and seeking income protection benefits and the associated claims management process to ensure accurate salary payments.
- Utilise strategies for ongoing improvement of the claims management process and outcomes in consultation with the insurance provider.
- Monitor the compliance of the claims against legislation and policies to facilitate and assist an officer’s recovery and timely and safe return to the workplace.
- Establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships to drive efficient and consistent outcomes on a case by case basis.
- Provide advice to management to inform income protection claim determinations, processing and other legal matters to ensure that they are addressed and managed appropriately.
- Maintain file notes and records through organisational electronic records management systems upholding privacy
- principles and in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industrial awards, policies and legislative requirements to ensure advice supports service delivery for injured officers regarding income protection.
- Ensure transactional functions relating to income protection that directly impact the salary of injured officers, are accurate to minimise over-under payments.
- Provide empathy, support and assistance to officers with claims who maybe upset and/or distressed.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: SUNDAY 17 DECEMBER 2017 at 11.59pm JOB NOTES:
- Clerk Grade 5/6
- Temporary Full-Time up to 12 months
This is a re-advertised position. Previous candidates will need to reapply. This is a temporary assignment under Section 81D of the Police Act. 1990 up to 12 months. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
When preparing your application:
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Your application must stand on its own merits.
- If you do not demonstrate how you meet the Target Questions for this role, you will not proceed through to the Selection Process.
- The completeness and relevance of your application will determine if you are called for an interview.
Please do not attach
- Give written responses addressing each of the Target Questions in the text boxes provide in the online Application.
- Attach a cover letter and an up-to-date Resume/CV to your application.
copies of Qualifications, Certificates or documentation (other than a Resume/CV) - you can bring these if called for interview. The successful applicant will be subject to a rigorous National Police Check (criminal history) prior to commencement and will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance as determined by the NSW Police Force at the level appropriate to the role held and/or information/data accessed. For further information click here
Applications can only be submitted electronically online via the I Work for NSW website.
To download information that may assist with applying for this role click here
To view or download the Role Description click here