- Department for Health and Wellbeing, Finance and Corporate Services, Office of the Chief Psychiatrist
- SAES Level 1 - Full Time / Term Contract (up to 3 years)
The Director, Mental Planning, Policy and Safety is accountable to the Chief Psychiatrist | Director Mental Health Strategy for providing leadership for mental health planning , policy development and safety and quality strategies on a statewide basis that aligns with the National Mental Health Strategy and state government priorities.
The incumbent will be responsible for the development of policy and strategic directions for mental health services by:
- Providing advice on key planning and policy changes required to achieve the objectives of the Government’s Health Reform Agenda in relation to mental health;
- Providing leadership to the Office of the Chief Psychiatrist teams across the portfolio responsibilities of planning, policy and safety.
- Representing South Australia at key national meetings and forums where required which relate to the portfolio responsibilities of mental health planning, policy and safety.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role. Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 677514
677514 - Director MH Planning Policy and Safety - Job Pack.pdf