Head of Safety, Health, & Environment - [Archived Advertisement]
Tasmanian Independent Retailers (View other jobs from this organisation)
Head of Safety, Health, & Environment
Tasmanian Independent Retailers (TIR) is the representative organisation for independent supermarket retailers trading under the advertised retail banners of IGA and IGA X-press. TIR also owns Island Fresh Produce (IFP) who is one of Tasmania's leading fresh fruit and produce distribution outlets, plus operates within the retail industry with Brighton IGA supermarket. We operate across four different site locations across Tasmania, have approximately 135 employees, with our Head office operations and this role is based at Western Junction, Tasmania. For more information, please visit www.igatas.com.au.
An exciting, new position exists within TIR operations for a Head of Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) which will manage and continue to develop our internal SHE compliance across all of our operations. This is a permanent full time position reporting directly to the CEO, and working closely with the Executive team and employees across all sites. The primary purpose of this role is to create and support business compliance to Workplace Health and Safety legislation, regulations, codes and standards. develop, monitor and manage areas of responsibility for compliance with legal requirements and operational requirements.
Accountabilities are to:
- Ensure SHE policies and procedures are developed in line with evolving frameworks and best practice for industry.
- Support the business units to deliver effective cross functional safety process.
- Audit operations against policy and procedures.
- Lead the team and foster a positive and productive safety culture.
- Develop annual functional plan and budget aligned to the TIR strategy.
- Coordinate strategy and business planning processes for SHE in line with operational needs.
- Deliver financial performance outcomes in line with budget expectations.
The right applicant will need to:
- Have experience with Safety Management Systems;
- Demonstrate strong knowledge on SHE frameworks and governance requirements;
- Ability and experience to train, coach, and mentor across all levels of personnel within the business operations;
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Be organised and focused with the ability to multi-task, and able to prioritise work output to meet deadline expectations;
- Have a friendly professional communication style both verbal and written that is respectful, positive, and adaptable with all levels of employees within the workforce.
- Tertiary qualification in Safety, Health, and Environment, and / or minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role.
- 2+ years in a senior Safety and Compliance leadership position
- Strong computer literacy
- High level efficiency in excel spreadsheets, word processing
- Knowledge of Human Resource principles
Applications for this position will close on Friday 11th December 2020
- Closing Date:
- 11 Dec 2020
- TAS - Western Junction
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety and Environment