Injury Management Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
ActewAGL Distribution (View other jobs from this organisation)
Injury Management Advisor
- Commencing from $98,617 plus 15% Superannuation
- 12 months Maximum-Term, Flexible Hours (Maternity Leave cover) with a possibility of extension
- Canberra Location
ActewAGL’s Injury Management team are looking for an experienced, adaptable and enthusiastic individual to join our collaborative unit.
Working as a member of the broader People, Safety and Culture team, success in this position would see you partnering with the business to deliver prompt, efficient and tailored advice and expertise in the areas of injury management and rehabilitation programs that will help achieve practical and workable outcomes for the business.
If you’re team focused and possess a ‘can-do’ attitude we’d love you to consider joining us.
What would your day to day look like?
You will be responsible for managing effective return to work programs for employees with both work or non-work related injuries or illnesses in accordance with our Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation (SRC) Act 1988, ACT Workers Compensation Act 1951 and our internal policies and procedures.
Working collaboratively with the team, with an overall team goal you will seek to achieve successful return to work outcomes, reduction of workers’ compensation and income protection premiums, and targeted reactive based health programs which assist in reducing the impact of employee work and non-work related health risks to our businesses.
Working with the Manager Injury Management, you will
- direct and facilitate the development of and adherence to return to work programs in accordance with legislative requirements of the SRC and ACT Workers’ Compensation Act’s and associated guidelines.
- lead the development of and adherence to return to work programs for non-work related injuries in accordance with ActewAGL and Icon Water policy and procedural requirements
- as the rehabilitation authority, make determinations regarding workers compensation and rehabilitation on behalf of the organisation.
- run our Early Intervention Programs effectively to ensure it is delivering outcome driven results.
- provide technical rehabilitation mentorship and advice to managers/supervisors on the SRC, ACT Workers’ Compensation Act’s and ActewAGL’s and Icon Water’s Group Personal Accident and Illness Policies and their associated guidelines to ensure effective injury management processes are sustained.
- work closely with our People, Safety and Culture Business Partners in developing and delivering training for staff and supervisors about the importance of injury reporting and management.
What can we offer you?
At ActewAGL, we boast a positive safety culture that will encourage and inspire you because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team of forward thinking individuals and operate in a flexible and autonomous environment. We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
Before you click ‘apply’ let us tell you a bit about our team and what we value!
Our team is not all about shuffling paperwork, we love to have fun but most importantly we value great team work and making a significant and valuable difference to our injured employees and the business.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so ActewAGL is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and support women to apply.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have the following
- Sound injury management skills and a proven effectiveness to secure positive outcomes in complex Comcare, Workers’ Compensation and Income Protection related matters.
- Demonstrated understanding of workers’ compensation legislation and injury management requirements.
- Proven experience in injury claims and case management
- Ability to work with multiple partners to develop workable outcome focused RTW programs
Bonus if you have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Injury Management.
Our application process
Sound like this role was made for you? Please apply through our recruitment portal by submitting your resume and a cover letter telling us about your key skills and experience you can bring to this role. The closing date for this role is 11 PM 18 January 2019.
To learn more about the role, please contact Mike Hagstrom on (02) 6248 3495.
Please note Recruitment Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applications unless requested to by the Talent Sourcing Team.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Jan 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- $98,617 plus 15% Super
- Work Type:
Return to Work