Safety Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Foodbank Victoria (View other jobs from this organisation)
Are you an experienced safety professional looking for work/life balance? We have an opportunity for a community-minded safety professional to support our team.
- Strong safety culture and positive team environment
- Access to not for profit salary packaging benefits
- Part-time position three days per week
Foodbank Victoria is an independent not-for-profit organisation with 90 years’ experience providing food relief to individuals and families experiencing hardship. We are the largest provider of food relief in Victoria. We are Victoria’s official food relief partner in times of emergency and our Schools program has provided 10 million meals to Victorian schools with funding from the Victorian Government. Our vision is healthy food for all Victorians.
About the role:
- Champion safety and be a role model of the Foodbank Victoria’s positive safety culture.
- Use your knowledge of safety legislation and best practice to influence cultural change and deliver sustainable improvement in safety performance.
- Analyse trends in safety data from accidents, incidents and near misses to inform reporting and corrective action.
- Passionate about our vision of healthy food for all.
- Able to live and breathe our values of empowerment, accountability, integrity, and respect.
- Qualification in OHS or equivalent experience, preferably in the food industry or a warehousing environment.
- Strong understanding of Victorian Occupational Health and Safety regulations and Acts, including WorkCover and how to implement into organisation practice.
- Ability to work in a ‘hands on’ role and get the job done.
- Collaborative and inclusive working style with a solutions-focus.
- Return to Work qualification or experience would be advantageous
Selection of Candidates:
Candidates will be evaluated on merit and measured against the requirements contained within the Position Description. Assessment will consider all information that is determined to be appropriate, for example, written application, qualifications, and interview experience as well as referee reports. For your information we require referee details to be provided prior to an offer of employment.
- Please review the Position Description on our website in the ‘Careers’ section at www.foodbankvictoria.org.au and get to know us before you apply.
- Applications must include a resume and cover letter.
- Email your application to email@example.com - priority will be given to early applicants.
- Please contact Monica Parris, on 03 9362 8331 for more information.
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Environmental Health and Safety
Health, Safety and Environment