Risk and Compliance Officer, Water
Flow Systems Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Risk and Compliance Officer, Water
Flow Systems Pty Ltd is a sustainable multi-utility providing drinking water, recycled water, wastewater services, embedded energy networks and hot water systems to communities including greenfield and urban infill communities. In total, Flow Systems is providing utility services to over 400 communities and ultimately 100,000 customers in the next five years.
Our people drive our mission of creating next generation utilities that enable self-sufficient communities by exceeding the expectations of our customers through sustainable innovation, leadership and smart-thinking.
We are seeking an experienced and diligent Risk and Compliance Officer for Water, to maintain obligations registers for water, incident reporting, support risk management and conduct monthly internal audits in order to provide advice and guidance on the continuing improvement to risk and compliance processes and business systems.
Flow Risk & Compliance Framework
As part of the R&C Team, develop, maintain and improve risk and compliance processes in line with applicable legislation and international standards including:
- monthly risk and compliance reporting
- implementing and continually improving an electronic incident, risk and audit software solution
- provide support to the business in using electronic incident, risk and audit software solutions
- maintaining and improving:
- positive relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- a strong risk and compliance culture at Flow
- Flow’s reputation as a company with integrity.
- providing inductions, software end-user training and compliance training
- demonstrating quality workplace practices consistent with Flow‘s quality policies and procedures
- other duties as required from time to time.
Provide the following risk and compliance support services in relation to water operations and retail:
- Develop and report against an annual internal audit schedule.
- Undertake monthly internal compliance, system assurance and operational audits.
- Prepare formal internal audit reports.
- Interpret water industry regulatory obligations and the requirements of international and local standards.
- Develop and maintain compliance and obligation registers and communicate updates to regulations to internal stakeholders.
- Conduct compliance assessments on new or changed processes.
- Identify, investigate and report compliance breaches.
- Prepare the annual IPART Compliance Report.
- General risk analysis and reporting on top level risks across water operation and retail.
- Facilitate risk assessments and provide support the business in understanding risk assessment principles.
- Monitor and advise on emerging risks and challenges in water quality risk management.
- Provide support to the Sustainable Utility Services (SUS) in maintaining risk registers and reporting on risk treatment.
- Document and report water operations and retail incidents to our regulators (including the EPA and IPART).
- Provide support to the SUS Team in improving incident management processes.
Applicants will have 5 years’ experience in risk and compliance management, and internal compliance auditing, with demonstrated experience in the Water and Wastewater industry. It is essential that candidates have demonstrated knowledge of the Water Industry Competition Act, Australian Recycled Water Guidelines and IPART compliance and enforcement policies. Candidates should have experience working with business management systems compliance with ISO 19600 and ISO 31000.
You will be working within an energetic organisation that encourages your growth and development and provides the best of facilities for its employees.
You will enjoy a collaborative work culture where you will be supported and empowered to contribute your ideas and identify opportunities for your team, the business and yourself. We are dedicated to the values of diversity and inclusion and have a firm commitment to ethical practices and corporate responsibility.
- Flexible workplace
- Health and well-being initiatives
- Corporate discounts available
- Excellent on-site facilities such as end of trip showers, lockers and bike racks
You can learn more about Flow by visiting: https://www.flowsystems.com.au/
Flow Systems Pty Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Flow are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Flow will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Flow encourages applicants of all ages.
- NSW - Sydney
- $90,000 - $100,000
- Work Type:
- Full Time