Workplace Health & Safety Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Workplace Health & Safety Advisor
Our people, product and passion are our defining point of difference in our market.
We are proud to be a leading homeware and linen retailer, where you can be guaranteed to be part of an innovative market leader who value their people and embrace change with vision and courage.
With over 170 stores across Australia and New Zealand (and still growing), we believe in rewarding positive results. We value passion, collaboration and persistence. There is no better time to join and be part of our journey.
About The Opportunity
Sitting within the Risk & Compliance team, where the company is fully invested in the value the WHS function brings to the business; you will be joining a team of 6 and adding significant value through;
- Actively managing workplace health, safety, emergency management, workers compensation and rehabilitation areas, including management systems, policies and procedures and legislative requirements for the Adairs Retail Stores across Australia and New Zealand
- Owning the monthly audit program across all locations
- Providing specialist advice to internal/external customers in WHS & risk prevention
- Sharing advice, support, Training and coaching to the wider team
- Identifying opportunities to enhance and develop policy and process
- Updating standards and ensuring that best practise is being executed
- Educating, engaging and supporting the team
What Great Looks Like
For us it all starts with the care factor; you know how to engage and influence those around you showing value in everyone taking ownership of executing WHS best practices.
The role is 80% out on the road educating, consulting and acting on areas of concern, so needless to say great for us looks like a highly driven individual who understands the ever so important balance between, educating, providing the tools and then auditing.
Supporting this you will need to bring with you;
- Previous experience within a warehouse/logistics or supply chain environment
- Previous qualifications in WHS
- High ability to influencing and getting people on board
- Previous experience or exposure to workers compensation
What You Want This Role
- An industry leading program that has been set up by some of the best in the field
- High level of autonomy allowing you to become the true subject matter expert
- Plenty of opportunity to get out on the road and engage with people
- An awesome team, that share similar values and love to have fun
Like What You See? What Next:
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for; we would love to hear from you.
Please click “apply now” to take the first step in a fulfilling new career and include a cover letter outlining how you meet the “what great looks like” criteria.
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety and Environment