Social and Emotional Wellbeing (SEWB) Counsellor - [Archived Advertisement]
Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Social and Emotional Wellbeing (SEWB) Counsellor
Full time position - 38 hours per week
Salary Packaging available
Located at our Dapto Premises
The Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service is seeking a SEWB counsellor to join their team. The SEWB Counsellor will assist in improving the social and emotional wellbeing of clients, prioritising members of the Stolen Generation, whilst utilising evidence based and culturally appropriate treatment models. The SEWB counsellor is also responsible for coordinating programs for significant events to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.*
- Certificate IV or Diploma in one of the following fields; Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, or Community Services
- Experience counselling individuals, families, and youth, offering a broad range of counselling services including trans-generational grief, trauma and relationship counselling, utilising culturally appropriate and evidence based treatment models
- Providing counselling and support for Aboriginal people who are tracing and/or locating their families
- Proven knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture
- Understanding of the impact of forced removal policies on Stolen Generations including the trans-generational effects
- Experience in coordinating and promoting events and/or education groups that are relevant to your position and client base
- Ability to establish close working relationships with relevant organisations/services, including Link-Up
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to gain necessary skills to utilise position specific computer programs
- Current drivers licence
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Criminal Check. Also will be required to supply, or willing to obtain, a current Working With Children Check.
To apply for this position, please forward your cover letter, selection criteria statement, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close at 5pm on Thursday 21st November 2019.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
*The Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service considers that being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification under S14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act NSW 1977.
- Closing Date:
- 21 Nov 2019
- NSW - Dapto
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health and Wellbeing