Our client is establishing a greenfield site in Parkes, NSW to develop a state-of-the-art food manufacturing facility. The facility will represent next generation product innovation and development, incorporating unique, highly automated manufacturing and packaging technology, not currently being used anywhere else in Australia. The company is a household name in Australia and New Zealand, with a reputation for high quality products, exceptional organisational culture and a clear growth trajectory. Employment with this organisation, at this location, represents a fantastic career and lifestyle opportunity.
Parkes, in Central West NSW, is a progressive regional centre that offers a quality lifestyle and a great place to live and raise a family. The Parkes region boasts affordable housing and lifestyle properties, modern health services, quality educational facilities, a strong sporting culture and first- class community facilities. Located at “the crossroads of the Nation”, over 80% of the Australian population can be reached by road within 12 hours from Parkes. Serviced by a regional airport with return flights daily to Sydney, it is an easy 3 hour drive to Canberra and 5 hours to Sydney.
The WHS Manager is a key role within the management team and critical to the success of the business by ensuring that the workforce remains healthy, safe and engaged.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and continually improving WHS management systems.
- Undertaking key risk management activities including inspections, auditing and risk assessments.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting WH&S metrics.
- Developing and implementing WH&S training programs.
- Completing incident investigations in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Keeping up to date with Legislation, Standards, Codes of Practice and technical knowledge, and providing expert advice in relation to these.
- Liaising with regulatory agencies as required.
The successful applicant will meet the following essential criteria:
- Formal qualifications in WH&S are essential and additional qualifications in ICAM Incident Investigation, auditing and/or Cert IV TAE would be highly regarded
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in WHS in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment, including Injury Management and RTW, risk assessment and hazard management and incident investigation
- Sound knowledge of Dangerous Goods legislation and NSW Worker’s Compensation scheme
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and developing staff and contractors to achieve a strong safety culture.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you will also have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and a strong commitment to developing and fostering a highly engaged team and contributing to a values-based culture.
This position is a great opportunity to join a market leader in a very exciting period of growth and development. Be among the first boots on the ground in a start-up facility in the beautiful Parkes region of NSW.
For a confidential discussion, please call Melinda @ Spinifex Recruiting on 0409 669 855 or send your resume using Apply Now.