Workplace Health & Safety Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Live Better Services Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Permanent Part time role based in Rockhampton 3 days per week – Flexibility!! Days of work negotiable
- Be challenged – Assist in developing & implementing comprehensive organisation wide WHS/Risk framework
- Be rewarded - Be part of for purpose organisation & make an impact
About LiveBetter Community Services
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset.
So, what can we offer you?
- Opportunity! - Build on your career using your sound WHS and Return to Work knowledge within a small but effective team.
- Support! – Backing from experienced & professional People & Culture team.
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Satisfaction! – Use your experience in Workplace Health & Safety to show you really care for our people.
- Enjoyment! - A varied, challenging and rewarding role making an impact in the day to day work lives of our staff and customers.
About the Role
The WHS Co-ordinator provides support to the WHS Manager in the development and implementation of a comprehensive workplace health, safety and risk management framework for LiveBetter. This includes identifying business needs from a workplace health, safety and risk management perspective, review of existing workplace health and safety programs and tools and assisting in the development and implementation of a new framework. The scope of coverage includes workplace health and safety systems, policies, procedures and vendors and encompasses safety, workers compensation and health and wellbeing.
Some core responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist in the development and implementation of Workplace Health and Safety strategy in line with the broader LiveBetter people strategy.
- Work with the People & Culture team and service teams to gain an understanding of business strategy as it relates to Workplace Health and Safety needs, develop and deliver ad-hoc WH&S requirements.
- Assist the management of Workers Compensation Claims and Return to Work.
- Assist in the development of and establish a new workplace health and safety framework including for ongoing implementation by People & Culture team and service teams.
- Conduct workplace investigations, meetings, evacuation drills and workshops.
- Perform the functions required as LiveBetter’s Certified Fire Safety Advisor.
- Be a point of contact on WHS matters and provide relevant and tactical advice.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are an experienced WHS professional (3 years + experience) with a minimum qualification Certificate IV in WHS (or equivalent). You will also have an understanding of and ability to apply current WHS safety legislation, standards, guidelines and risk management principles, as it relates to the not-for-profit sector. A current Australian drivers licence is a must for this role as some travel (including overnight stays) will be involved. Someother key requirements for this role include:
- Accredited & experienced in Return to Work Co-ordination and management of workers compensation claims and development of suitable duties plans.
- An understanding of and ability to apply current WHS safety legislation, standards, guidelines and risk management principles, as it relates to the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience in the development and implementation of new WHS tools and programs combined with expert knowledge of current trends and best practice in WHS management.
- Ability to gather and analyse information from a range of sources and formulate effective pragmatic WHS solutions to meet business requirements.
- Competency in workplace investigations, problem solving and decision making.
For the full requirements, accountabilities and to apply for this role, please refer to our website (SEEK candidates click apply and you will be directed to our website).
You will also be required to undertake and pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening, QLD Blue Card and National Criminal History Check.
Sounds great? What next?
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please provide a resume that clearly demonstrates how your skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements for this role. As part of your application, can you also please provide a cover letter of maximum three pages that address the following two targeted questions:
- Please describe a time when you were required to mentor/coach stakeholders with varying levels of WHS understanding on WHS matters with the aim of provoking positive change in workplace health and safety. What was the outcome? What were the key factors that you would identify as to why the outcome was successful/unsuccessful?
- Tell us about a time when you investigated a WHS workplace incident. What was the incident? What methodology did you apply to investigate this incident effectively?
Closing date: Wednesday 14th August 2019
Enquiries: Chris Savva – WHS / Risk Manager 0459 876 201
- Closing Date:
- 16 Aug 2019
- QLD - Rockhampton
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Health and Wellbeing