Work Health and Safety Business Partner (Corporate and Community) - [Archived Advertisement]
Liverpool City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Work Health and Safety Business Partner (Corporate and Community)
1 x Permanent Full Time - 35 hours, 5 days per week
Salary: Dependent upon relevant skills, experience and competencies
Closing Date: 9 July 2019
Liverpool City Council has an exciting new WHS Business Partner opportunity available for an experienced, highly motivated and project focused individual to work in our friendly and highly motivated Work Health and Safety Team.
In this position you will work within the Corporate and Community business unit to drive our corporate WHS strategic goals, improve our internal safety capability, continuous improvement of safety performance and ongoing development in relation to safety and wellbeing across Council
You will also be responsible for working collaboratively with managers to provide expert advice and implement a broad range of health and safety programs to keep our workers safe.
You will be:
- Championing the increased awareness of Council’s safety strategy by partnering with the business units to educate, guide and implement safety initiatives.
- Providing WHS support, advice, coaching and guidance to managers, staff and other stakeholders in line with Council’s WHS policy, procedures, practices and relevant legislation.
- Ensuring the delivery of assigned WHS Strategic Plan improvement projects and Safety Management System continuous improvement in line with our corporate safety strategy.
- Maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of Council’s WHS management system, ensuring policies, procedures, practices and projects are aligned with ISO 45001: 2018.
- Assisting with the review, update, consultation, communication and implementation of all WHS policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure they are current, applicable, practical and meet Council and legislative requirements.
- Conducting audits in relation to Council engaged contractor activity as per the annual audit schedule or as a result of an incident and ensure audit results are analysed and recommend remedial action as required.
- Providing on the job education and training to staff in Council hazard and/or incident reporting, investigation, safety risk management and consultation processes.
- Conducting and leading comprehensive incident investigations into major incidents.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities, in a complex operating environment
- Strong organisational skills, an ability to achieve results and meet deadlines
- WHS Auditing skills
- Proven ability to use initiative to ensure continuous and safe operations
- A strong safety focus and appreciation of service delivery standards
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft applications
- WHS Lead Auditor Certification or willingness to obtain
- Current Driver's Licence
- Knowledge of safety practices
- ICAM lead investigator or incident investigation training and experience
- Cert IV in training and assessment
- Knowledge of WHS Policies and Procedures and Safety Management Systems
Tertiary qualification in WHS or a related field and / or extensive experience in a similar WHS professional role are essential.
This is a career move to an endlessly diverse and challenging environment.
Salary will be dependent upon the relevant skills, experience and competencies of the successful applicant.
For further information about the position please contact Diana Taylor, WHS Coordinator on 02 8711 7542.
How to Apply: Please click the 'Apply' button above. Applicants must submit a covering letter, current resume and response to the selection criteria questions which will be shown once you commence your application.
Liverpool City Council is committed to providing a working environment that supports all employees to reach their full potential.
To be eligible to apply for permanent positions at Liverpool City Council, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. For Temporary positions, you need a visa that gives you permission to work in Australia.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Jul 2019
- NSW - Liverpool
- Dependent upon relevant skills, experience and competencies
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Return to Work