Work Health Safety and Return to Work Specialist - [Archived Advertisement]
McKenzie Aged Care (View other jobs from this organisation)
Work Health Safety and Return to Work Specialist
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Work Health Safety and Return to Work Specialist to join our WHS team. This position is a full-time 12 month contract role and is based in our Support Centre, located in Brighton.
The primary purpose of the position is to assist the Group Work Health and Safety Manager to deliver work health and safety strategies focussing on injury prevention, injury management and return to work co-ordination across the group.
- Atleast 7 years’ experience in the delivery of injury management and return to work co-ordination services
- Demonstrated experience in providing high level of advice and support across the broad spectrum of injury management, return to work co-ordination and work health and safety activities preferably within the aged care industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing worker cover claims in VIC, NSW and QLD together with a sound understanding of the relevant workers’ compensation and work health and safety legislation.
- Current knowledge of workers compensation in VIC, NSW and QLD.
- Ability to work autonomously using initiative, flexibility and integrity to provide work health and safety advice and support to the facilities and Support Centre.
- Demonstrated negotiation, written and oral communication skills, time management and organisational skills, analytical and problems solving skills.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (nursing, allied health or HR preferred)
- Completion of NSW Return to Work Co-ordinators Training
- Current Drivers Licence
- Ability to travel locally and interstate.
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40110) desirable
The McKenzie Aged Care Group is a privately owned and family operated organisation committed to employing professional, caring and compassionate staff to uphold the organisational philosophy of ‘Our Family Caring for Your Family’. We don’t just talk about great care – we deliver it.
We offer successful applicants an outstanding workplace, beautiful surroundings and a positive and engaging culture. Our values driven organisation is committed to enriching the lives of our residents by providing care with compassion and respect, and by promoting the health, independence and social interaction of our seniors.
To apply for this position and join a positive company that has a strong focus on providing fulfilling careers visit please our website at www.mckenzieacg.com, click on the 'careers' tab, then 'apply or view current vacancies' and ‘sign up’ to complete the registration process.
Enquiries: Richard Hendricks
Applications Close: 16/06/2019
- Closing Date:
- 16 Jun 2019
- VIC - Brighton
- Work Type:
Return to Work