Workplace Health and Safety Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Sunpork Farms Tong Park (View other jobs from this organisation)
Workplace Health and Safety Advisor
SunPork Farms, part of the SunPork Group, is the largest wholly Australian farmer owned and operated producer of quality pork products. Operating across Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia.
SunPork Farms is offering a unique opportunity to join its team as the WHS Advisor. This is a fullt-time position located at SunPork Farms Tong Park Piggery at Warra, a 9,000 sow facility located in the Western Downs.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the responsibilities of the role include:
- Create/assist with implementing procedures in line with the SunPork Group WHS Management system.
- Review incident and hazard reporting data to identify trends and report as required
- Support return to work planning in absence of HR Officer
- In conjunction with the business managers, drive and manage WHS initiatives/programs
- Provide direction and guidance to management to ensure open, consistent and frequent communication and continuous improvement in relation to challenges, improvements and issues.
- Coordinate and conduct site inspections/audits to agreed standards and protocols. Follow up issues and non-conformances through to resolution, escalate where resolution cannot be achieved.
- Attend and participate in toolbox meetings to provide guidance to employees and managers and provide safety presentations/sessions from audit results
- Assist with the development and implementation of ongoing mentoring, training systems and tools for managers and employees to drive improved OH&SE performance.
SunPork Farms has established an efficient, highly skilled yet diversified team that is dedicated to producing high quality, sustainable welfare-optimal products.
As a key member of this team, you will have:
- Excellent communication skills with facilitation skills highly desirable
- Resilience, agility and possess a willingness to be a hands-on team member
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple activities with various deadlines.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of proactive / behavioural safety approach
- A moderate level of work experience in a similar Safety role
- A current car license given the remoteness of the workplace
- Relevant qualifications to a WHS Advisor role including a Certificate IV in WHS or higher
- Previous experience with livestock industry highly regarded but not essential
SunPork Farms is focused on, and promotes training and professional development opportunities and career progression for its employees. To apply, please forward your resume and covering letter (marked ‘Private and Confidential’) to:
Human Resources Officer
SunPork Farms – Tong Park Piggery
by 5pm, 1st March 2021
- Closing Date:
- 01 Mar 2021
- QLD - Warra
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Return to Work