Work Health & Safety Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Bidgerdii Community Health Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Work Health & Safety Officer
About the Role:
Bidgerdii Community Health Service are currently seeking expressions of interest for a WHS Officer for an immediate start. The position is currently filled on a part-time temporary basis for 30-35 hours per week (progressing to full time employment as part of an open merit process). The role will be primarily based within the Corporate Services Work Unit at our Bolsover Street location but will require travel to other Bidgerdii work sites as required.
The purpose of the position is to support, help develop and maintain a consistent Work Health and Safety Management culture across the organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Reviewing and maintaining and/or developing and publishing, with the support of department heads, appropriate policies and procedures relating to WHS practices.
- Brief departments and new employees on the relevant policies/procedures and undertake WHS induction sessions for all new employees.
- Monitor and report on compliance of Work Health and Safety, Risk/Hazard Management and incident reporting processes.
- Manage and report on incidents and non-conformances, assist with identifying corrective and preventive actions and coordinate associated action plans.
- Provide advice and support to various departments on WHS matters.
- Other projects/tasks within the positions scope, as directed.
Minimum Requirements of the role:
- Completion of a tertiary qualification in Workplace Health and Safety or a minimum of 5 year's practical experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge and relatable experience in developing a health and safety management systems in a complex multi-faceted organisation;
All applications are to comprise of a current resume together with a brief covering letter demonstrating your relatable experience in reference to the job role and of the inclusive of minimum requirements outlined above.
Please address all application to:
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- QLD - Rockhampton
- Work Type:
- Part Time