Work Health and Safety Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Catholic University (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Apply your knowledge and understanding of WHS legislation and regulations
- Contribute to the University’s Work Health and Safety Management System
- Flexible part-time (0.5FTE) opportunity, 17.5 hours per week, based in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Employment Relations and Safety is responsible for the development, maintenance and application of workplace safety Frameworks within which HR provides advice, designs processes and delivers services. These Frameworks implement the comprehensive range of employment and safety Legislation, Regulations, Standards and Codes of Practice.
As Work Health and Safety Officer you will:
- advise staff on submitting reports of incidents and managing hazardous chemicals
- provide timely and accurate assistance and advice to supervisors and staff
- prepare WHS data including identification of trends
- manage workers compensation cases and returning staff to work.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- knowledge of WorkCover and workers compensation requirements in NSW
- experience in supporting internal staff or other stakeholders to assess and manage significant risk
- the ability to act with discretion, sensitivity and handle confidential information
- knowledge and experience in the use of a range of computer systems including riskware, and Chemwatch
- experience building successful working relationships.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description here Work Health and Safety Officer PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $89,617- $96,302 pa, (pro rata) including salary component $75,727- $81,376 pa (pro rata) Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Mr Michael Hanckel, National Manager, HR Standards and Reporting on (02) 9739 2355.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Jun 2018
- NSW - North Sydney
- Total remuneration valued to $89,617- $96,302 pa
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Health and Wellbeing
Health, Safety and Environment
Return to Work