- Safety Lead role with Australia's leading homeware brand
- Inspire the entire business with safety and wellbeing ideas and solutions
- 12 month maternity leave contract
Sheridan - Hanes Brands Australasia
In celebration of 50 years of Sheridan, we continue to be inspired by a uniquely Australian essence, and the vast landscapes of our beautiful country.
From pioneering beginnings as Australia's first textile printing business founded by Claudio Alcorso, to collaborations with iconic Australian artists in the 1980's, Sheridan has a rich history of artistry, craftsmanship and quality.
Our continuing devotion to creating the finest quality products, painted by hand in the Sheridan Sydney Design Studio, is an ode to Alcorso's creative spirit which is still woven throughout every piece we create at Sheridan today.
In our 50th year, we also celebrate the launch of Sheridan Studio; enabling our customers to curate, create and style their homes with an expanded offering of furniture and homewares in our new, most innovative retail concept.
Your new role:
We are hiring a Safety & Wellbeing Lead to manage our Sheridan Group retail business and associated office locations. You will take the lead in building an innovative and creative environment where people are excited and inspired to generate their own safety and wellbeing ideas and solutions.
A strong focus will be ensuring Sheridan retail stores comply with safety system standards and risk is effectively managed. We need someone with experience managing safety at an operational level, who enjoys building effective working relationships with retailers. We also need this person to think strategically to champion and lead successful safety and wellbeing initiatives and results throughout the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide safety and wellbeing strategic direction and leadership to a large, complex and growing organisation.
Day to day you can expect to:
- Guide and support the business in the completion of significant incident investigations and risk assessments
- Provide subject matter expertise, coaching and hands-on support throughout the business
- Manage implementation of the Sheridan Group risk profile aimed at continually improving performance
- Develop and present monthly safety dashboards to management
- Implement safety and wellbeing initiatives and relevant communications
- Partner with the broader Health and Safety team to deliver on strategic projects and ensure safety results for the business
- Demonstrate financial impact to the organisation through the safety effort
What experience do I have?
- A minimum of three years' experience working in a similar Work, Health and Safety role
- Qualifications in safety or health related field (diploma or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Australian/NZ WHS legislation, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards
- Experience working in the retail industry with an understanding of customer liability and hazardous manual handling (desirable)
- A background or understanding of Injury Management (desirable)
- Experience developing training and communication packages and delivering safety training
- Strong analytical, administrative and project management skills
- Drivers licence - 30% of time will be spent in Sheridan retail stores and Concession stores
We are looking for somebody who is passionate about improving safety and wellbeing outcomes in a retail environment and demonstrates a results driven approach.
What's in it for me?
- We're big on training, development and promoting from within: there are genuine career opportunities across our business available for you to explore!
- 50% off our fabulous brands, including Sheridan, Bonds and Champion
- Reduced Health Insurance premiums with our partner BUPA
- MS Office 365 licenses
- Generous family and friends discounts
- Fabulous modern office space in the Ultimo office
- Regular Sample Sales where you can pick up some real bargains!
Express your interest by selecting APPLY NOW and upload your CV and cover letter.