Safety Business Partner - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology, and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful, and positive.
About the opportunity
The main focus of the Safety Business Partner role is to champion safety, quality, and risk management, while also being able to expertly influence others in safety behaviour. The successful candidate will provide business partner support to field workers and support the Manager Safety Operations in achieving the relevant Work Health and Safety Strategy and obligations.
- Undertake and support incident investigations producing high quality investigation reports
- Maintain oversight of all incidents reported via our incident reporting system
- Work with internal business areas tracking actions from investigations, audits and inspections to ensure they address root causes
- Undertake audits, site observations and other assurance activities as required
- Assist with preparation and provision of health and safety reports and communication materials
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to minimise health and safety risks at Evoenergy.
- Build effective partnerships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to influence and adopt mentoring practices.
- Qualification in work health and safety (minimum of Cert IV)
- Investigation qualifications and/or experience in conducting investigations for Health and Safety incidents – ICAM preferred
- Experience within the electrical distribution industry and/or construction industry highly regarded.
- Auditing qualifications or experience in internal audits
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is desirable but not essential
- Understanding or experience in safety leadership in an operational environment.
- Current knowledge of safety legislation, standards and industry requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to engage a diverse range of stakeholders
How to apply
Does this sound like the next opportunity for you? If so, please apply through our Recruitment portal, submit your resume and cover letter outlining the skills, experience and capabilities you can bring to this role.
If you wish to learn more about the role, please connect with Lex Dowie on 0476 801 854. Or, if you need guidance with the application process, you can contact email@example.com
Expressions of interest are due by 11.59pm Sunday, the 29th of May 2022.
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, discounted gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion, and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 22 May 2022
- ACT - Canberra
- Starting salary of $106,198 + 15% superannuation
- Work Type: