We are one of Australia's leading providers of disability services. We are dedicated to human rights and to ensuring individuals with a disability have greater choice, control, and freedom over their lives; helping to create a more independent life for people, now and in the future.
About the Role
An exciting, new fulltime opportunity has become available. Reporting to the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager, the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor provides practical Work Health and Safety (WHS/OHS) support and advice to House with No Steps (HWNS) Managers and staff across a range of services. With a focus on HWNS services in the North and West of Melbourne and Regional Victoria this role includes a flexible working location and is to be based at either our Ballarat or Preston offices. The role is responsible for promoting and increasing knowledge, understanding, commitment and compliance with relevant HWNS Policies, Procedures and WHS legislative obligations.
- Provide authoritative and expert guidance, coaching, support and advice to key stakeholders to build their capability in addressing WHS risks, incident and injury trends, emerging WHS risks and the implementation of policy, procedures and processes to ensure compliance
- Provide guidance, advice and support to WHS consultative committees and Health and Safety Representatives
- Ensure safety related incidents are resolved appropriately within organisational KPI timeframes, recommendations are provided and corrective actions implemented to reduce risk and prevent further occurrence of incidents
- Prepare regional reports and correspondence related to WHS issues
- Identify emerging WHS issues for the organisation and sector related to project responsibilities and provide recommendations to resolve them
We are looking for applicants who meet the following selection criteria:
- A commitment to the Code of Conduct of House with No Steps
- A minimum diploma qualification in Workplace Health and Safety or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years' experience in WHS Advisory role
- Well-developed computer skills - MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point; including the capacity to learn new systems.
- Strong organisational skills, with demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise workload, handle multiple tasks and work efficiently and effectively to deadlines and respond to multiple and diverse stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills; adaptable to the specific needs of individuals or groups - including liaison, negotiation and issue resolution.
- Understanding of the statutory and regulatory frameworks in which HWNS operates.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- An understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the National Standards for Disability Services.
- Experience in Disability or Health and Human Services sector(s)
The Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor role is also required to travel, including occasional overnight trips, to office and service locations/workplaces. A company motor vehicle forms part of the remuneration package on offer.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the role of Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor, please email your resume and a brief covering letter outlining how you meet the above criteria and why you would like to be considered to Craig Ballingall, Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager, CBallingall@hwns.com.au.
Shortlisted applications will be required to undergo pre-employment and criminal history checks.
Applications close - Sunday, 16th September 2018
Further enquiries please contact:
Name: Craig Ballingall
Phone: 0427 004 491
House with No Steps is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. Including; people with disability, young and mature age candidates, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and applicants from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Only Australian citizens, permanent residents or those with working rights in Australia are eligible to apply.
Successful applications will be subjected to Pre-Employment and Criminal History Checks.