Medical Director/ Clinical Lead, Assistance & Repatriation
MEDICAL DIRECTOR/ CLINICAL LEAD, ASSISTANCE & REPATRIATION
Type: 12 Month Contract, Part Time
Location: Glen Waverley
Business Unit: Travel (QBE Assist)
Applications Close: COB Friday 9th June 2017
QBE are recognised as Australia's largest international insurance and Reinsurance Company with operations in over 37 countries around the world, and are one of the top 20 global general insurers.
Forming part of our Travel Insurance product, QBE's 24/7 worldwide medical and emergency assistance team, QBE Assist, is a team of trained medical experts and insurance specialists who provide end-to-end service to our policyholders who are taken ill or injured abroad and need emergency medical assistance.
We are now recruiting for a Medical Director/Clinical Lead, Assistance and Repatriation, to join the QBE Assist team to ensure the expedient and professional management of assistance services. Your expertise will be vital at ensuring medical decisions across all departments are both managed within medical guidelines and commercially sound. It is therefore imperative that you are an experienced medical professional with aviation/retrieval experience, but also have strong business acumen.
The key responsibilities for this role include the following, but not limited to:
- Providing intervention and expertise on medical case management
- Adherence and compliance to QBE regulations
- Liaising with local and international treating doctors to agree on treatment
- Developing guidelines for medical case management and repatriation
- Coordination of repatriation staff including compliance, education and support
- Review and maintenance of equipment
- Expansion of medical networks – worldwide
- Liaison with airlines
- Participation in expansion of assistance services
- Coordination of medical repatriation staff and on call doctors
Key details include:
- 3 days per week in the Glen Waverley office, flexible hours
- On call requirements to be shared with other health care professionals (once every 3 weeks)
- Expected to attend office in times of escalated CAT’s or disasters
The successful candidate will have:
- General Practitioner level training, with experience in aeromedicine as a prerequisite
- Post graduate qualification in either occupational health, public health or business/leadership is preferable
- Experience in a leadership role with demonstration of strong leadership skills
- Current unrestricted registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- General Practitioner fellowship (FRACGP)
- Experienced traveller with knowledge of other cultures and health care
- Valid working rights in Australia
- A valid passport
This is a 12 month fixed term role, with the option to extend thereafter by mutual agreement. On offer is a generous remuneration package. You will also be provided with a company supplied mobile phone and an annual allowance for professional development activities.
Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in Australia, and at a minimum be required to undertake police and basic credit checks as a condition of employment.
QBE recognises and supports a range of flexible work arrangements to promote a better family/life/work balance. To apply, please click the link below.
- VIC - Glen Waverley
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Emergency Management Systems