$104,890 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary Full Time, to 16 February 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne…you will be accountable for updating all internal Emergency Management operational compliance and procedures. You will provide high level advice on compliance to legislative requirements and policy and process to drive the effective resolution of complex emergency management and employee safety issues for over 45 sites.
This includes implementing strategies to support the delivery of activities to ensure compliance against relevant emergency management legislative requirements and standards. You will work in partnership with the Safety and Wellbeing team and the wider business including Security Services and the Property Services team to implement the compliance requirements of City of Melbourne’s internal emergency management processes and procedures.
Ideally the successful incumbent will have a background in emergency management and/or safety and be able to work autonomously in developing processes and procedures from concept to implementation. You will bring your highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to influence and problem solve with people at all levels across City of Melbourne. Stakeholder management is critical for the effective delivery of the role and the ability to persuade and confidently communicate information within a political and high volume environment is essential.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- A relevant tertiary qualifications in Public Safety (Emergency Management), Engineering, OHS and/or similar
- Substantial and proven industry experience in providing high level strategic and operational advice on compliance to relevant emergency management standards
- Operational experience in maintaining emergency management compliance for large and multi-site organisations
- Extensive experience in developing and delivering training in emergency response
- Proven ability to develop, lead and implement programs and activities aligned with projects to improve emergency management frameworks and processes.
- Proven ability to concurrently manage multiple activities within a time pressured and structured reporting framework.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please visit our Careers website to apply. As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), in a separate document, as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Gina Hough, Team Leader OHS Wellbeing.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah.
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.