Laboratory Services Co-ordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health is a medical research institute specialising in the brain and mind and is one of the world’s top 10 brain research centres. We employ exceptionally talented people who work to solve the greatest brain and mind challenges of our era. Our staff and students are the bedrock of our research and success, and we strive for excellence by fostering partnerships and empowering people. At the Florey our mission-driven culture enables our people to collaborate, thrive, learn, make ground breaking discoveries and advance humanity through brain and mind science.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity is available to join The Florey Laboratory Services Team as Laboratory Services Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will manage the delivery of laboratory services, ensuring compliance, efficiency, and alignment with the Institute's needs and strategic direction.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring effective and efficient day-to-day running of laboratory services across all sites
- Day-to-day leadership of Laboratory Services team
- Project management for the development and implementation of new laboratory services/facilities
- Identifying and managing operational and quality improvement within laboratory areas
- Overseeing management of scientific assets, compliance and licensing obligations
- Management of the Laboratory Services budget
- Providing support to the Laboratory Services and Facilities Manager
Detailed information and key responsibilities are available from the Position Description which can be accessed here.
This position is fixed-term until 30 November 2022 and attracts a salary offer in the range of $95,288 (HEW 8-1) to $103,146 (HEW 8-5) commensurate with experience. Full-time is preferred but open to discussion with the right applicant.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed in the Position Description should submit their resume together with a cover letter no later than 5pm (AEST) on 15 October 2021.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent
- A relevant specialist postgraduate qualification (formal qualifications in OHS/Biosafety desirable)
- Extensive experience working in a scientific and laboratory environment (research laboratory management experience and/or deep knowledge of the medical research sector or higher education sector desirable)
- Strong knowledge of Victorian OHS, laboratory PC2/PC3, regulatory, and compliance requirements
- Experience developing and implementing laboratory policies and protocols
- Demonstrated experience developing business proposals
- Experience in managing and overseeing budgets
- Experience in asset management and lifecycle planning
- Strong leadership, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills - ability to meet deadlines and objectives
What we offer:
Working at the Florey offers you the chance to work with a dedicated group of researchers within a culture that focuses on equity, diversity and collaboration. Other benefits include:
- Generous salary packaging to maximise your benefits
- Up to 17% superannuation
- Wellbeing initiatives including flexible working opportunities and access to our employee assistance program
If you have any questions, please contact Anna Sellens (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our Human Resources Team on email@example.com.
All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Oct 2021
- VIC - Parkville
- Work Type:
- Full Time