Health and Safety Coordinator
University of Technology Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by the Times Higher Education as Australia’s top young university, and located centrally in one of the world’s most liveable cities. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (FEIT), is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join the team. FEIT is a large and complex faculty with seven schools, research centres, engineering laboratories, IT laboratories and a large technical workshop. The Health and Safety Coordinator will join the Faculty Administration team.
The Health and Safety Coordinator has a key role in implementing and coordinating the Faculty’s Health and Safety compliance and good practice. The role provides advice and support to management and staff to assist the Faculty in meeting its compliance obligations and has an important role in the coordination of the management of the short, medium and long-term health and safety risks and opportunities.
If successful in applying for this role, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the Faculty’s Health and Safety planning, implementation and monitoring
- A focus on Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, developing SOP’s and coordinating with and supporting stakeholders including consulting with and engaging others
- A focus on Health and Safety Risk Management involving assisting staff in undertaking risk assessments and ensuring the risk assessments are current in the registers
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external Health and Safety training programs
- Monitoring compliance, reporting on non-compliances and providing assistance in implementing Health and Safety Incident Management systems including undertaking regular audits and workplace and processes Inspections
The incumbent in this position will be required to collaborate with and coordinate multiple Faculty stakeholders to promote and maintain a positive culture of workplace health and safety. Working daily with staff to ensure high standards in the management of health and safety risks to staff, students and others who use the facilities.
To be successful in applying for this role, you will have:
- Collaboration and translation of complex legislative requirements into practical and sustainable compliance solutions
- Managing and responding to changing priorities, deadlines, and critical situations.
- Maintaining databases and analysing technical reports and SOP’s
- Extensive understanding of the principles and legislation related to Workplace Health and Safety
- Substantial experience of WHS related practices relevant to a teaching and research and / or engineering environment
- Demonstrated experience with coaching people in delivering good safety practices of Workplace Health and Safety
For the full list of the Selection Criteria and role responsibilities please download the Position Description from the UTS website.
Base Salary Range: $88,288 to $97,668 pa (HEW 7)
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis.
Please note: Our site is optimised for Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 45 and Safari 9.1. Earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times. Other browsers may offer unexpected results.
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Answering Selection Criteria
Only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC121764.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Monday 4th March 2019 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Please note: This is a re-advertised position and previous applicants need not re-apply.
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.
Please note: If you have a disability that requires adjustment to the recruitment process or an alternative application pathway please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
At UTS, the concepts of equity and social justice are key to our core and purpose – we are recognised widely as supporting inclusivity and valuing diversity through our Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy, Social Impact Framework and UTS Access and Inclusion Plan.
Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, we are now among the first Australian institutions to receive the Athena SWAN Bronze Accreditation for our commitment to action addressing gender equity in the STEMM disciplines.
We welcome applications from women, Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Mar 2019
- NSW - Ultimo
- Base Salary Range: $88,288 to $97,668 pa (HEW 7) This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Health, Safety and Environment