Working with us
- We are currently seeking a Senior Risk and Governance Officer
- This is an ongoing role located at Sydney Olympic Park
- Clerk Grade 9/10 (Salary package $105,409 up to $116,157 per annum)
The Office of Sport works with key sector partners to promote and deliver a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of NSW.
The Office is responsible for planning, managing and delivering high quality venues, facilities, sport and active recreation development programs, high-performance sport, sports integrity and safety. It is also the driver for NSW sport policy and strategy, the formation and dissemination of insights and information, and the promotion of partnerships. About the role
The Senior Risk and Governance officer assists in developing, embedding, and aligning risk management and governance practices that support delivery of the Office of Sport Strategic, Group and Branch plans.
In this role you will need to demonstrate experience in risk and governance which will enable you to develop tools and processes to facilitate and strengthen embedding of risk and governance frameworks. You must have a sound working knowledge of the key processes involved in public sector governance.
You will have input to all aspects of risk management of the organisation. You will support risk management activities and reporting, and provide ongoing support and expert advice on risk management and governance to build capability across the business. You must have demonstrated experience in governance and risk management together with excellent people management and stakeholder engagement skills across all levels. In this role you will be required to:
* Develop, implement and maintain diverse, complex governance systems, policies, tools and processes related to the management of risk, audit, business continuity, policy and compliance to embed a positive risk and governance culture across the organisation.
* Contribute to the development, improvement and implementation of the Corporate Governance Framework and associated elements. Responsible for the maintenance of relevant governance programs, registers and activities.
* Provide expert advice, analysis, workshop facilitation and training to build risk management capability to all levels across the organisation. How to apply
To apply for this role you need to submit an application via http://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/
, Job Reference No. 000061O3. When applying you need to:
* Answer the two pre-screening questions (see below) which should demonstrate your competency in the focus capabilities (maximum of 2 pages).
* Provide cover letter that details how you meet the capabilities of the role (maximum 1 page)
* Provide a resume that details your previous experience (maximum of 4 pages)
Further information about “Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service” is available on I work for NSW
1. Describe a time when you have developed and/or implemented a risk or governance related initiative. What approach did you take? What were the challenges, how did you address these and what was the outcome?
2. Facilitating risk workshops and promoting the systematic application of risk management processes at all levels is a key part of the role. Using an example, describe your approach to planning and conducting a risk workshop. How did you engage participants, especially those who had limited understanding or acceptance of risk management processes? What was the outcome? Notes
* For further information about the role please contact Kerrie Keyes on (02) 8754 8712 or view the role description
* The successful applicant will be subject to a National Criminal Records Check.
* No offer of employment will be made until all relevant clearances are finalised. Applications Close: 11.59pm, Monday 2 April 2018 The Office of Sport is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, women, LGBTI, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. If you have any accessibility requirements, please liaise with the contact officer. We provide reasonable adjustments for people with a disability during the recruitment process and on employment.