Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
We are currently seeking a Human Factors Manager to join our Projects Division at Metro. This is part of a large scale project that will interface and work with State projects as part of Victoria’s Big Build, which in turn will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services In this role, you will support the General Manager in the Governance, oversight and facilitate continuous improvement all aspects of Human Factors (HF) and Fatigue Risk Management (FRM) in Projects. This includes the implementation and auditing of processes to manage the HF and FRM requirements for MTM in accordance with the Rail Safety National Law.
About your responsibilities
- Ensure MTM’s Human Factors (HF) and Fatigue Risk Management (FRM) procedures and projects guidelines are adequate, effective, communicated and monitored for compliance
- Develop, implement and monitor HFI Element within the Projects Assurance Framework, Projects FRM Plan and rollout HF competency strategy within Projects Division
- Provision of HF and independent review within Projects Division
- Develop and maintain the Projects HF Issues Register
- Provide HF and FRM input into local Projects Risk Register covering all facets of risk including safety, financial, operational, commercial, environmental reputational, design and construction etc.
- Responsible for providing HF and FRM assurance to Executive Director Projects and General Manger SERQ – Projects
- Champion the HF and FRM process within Projects and liaise with the Corporate HF manager to ensure alignment
- Ensure that Projects staff and contractors have an awareness of the importance HF and FRM Procedure and comply with all legal obligations and Metro policies
- Ongoing liaison and coaching with relevant peers and stakeholders
- Ensure emerging HF and Fatigue risks are brought to the attention of the Executive Director Projects and General Manager SERQ – Projects
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders such as Corporate HF Manager and Portfolio SERQ Managers to further align HF Integration and FRM implementation within Projects Division
- Influence key external stakeholders such as ONRSR, LXRA, MMRA and PTV to further improve HF and FRM within industry
- A tertiary qualification in a suitable field is required
- Knowledge of HF standards such as
- ISO 6385 Ergonomic Principles in the design of work
- ISO 9241 Ergonomics of Human System Interaction
- ISO 10075 Ergonomic Principles related to mental workload
- ISO 11064 Ergonomic design of control centres
- ISO 24501 Ergonomics – Accessible design
- ISO 26800 Ergonomics – General approach, principles and concepts
- Practical knowledge of the HF and FRM legislative requirements
- Knowledge of risk management principles and ISO31000
- Lead auditor experience
- Strong analytical, report writing, interpersonal and consultation expertise
- Ability to follow occupational health, safety and environmental procedures in the rail industry
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence opinions
Please submit your application by COB 5 March 2021